Instead of doing the typical ‘Instagram Roundup’ with links to everything I’m wearing (which I’ll still do!), I thought I’d open up a little and give you a peek into who I am through my photos – a little ‘Behind the Scenes’ of Lauren’s life. Shall we?
See full blog post on this outfit.
- I’m Obsessed with Birthdays. I literally think my birthday is a national holiday 😉 I’m the annoying type that tells her friends and family that her birthday is coming up months before. (at least I’m owning it) My birthday was last week and my hubby took me to Canlis. It was THE best food and service. For every special occasion, like birthday’s, anniversary’s, etc – we like to go out to dinner at a fancy place. This year was the first time we went to Canlis together. So fun!
Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here)
2. I love Sunday’s. Sunday’s, to me, are my day of rest. We try to make it to church – we go to Bellevue Foursquare – but if we don’t, we lay in bed and read the bible or pray together. It is my favorite part of the day. I typically try to get my errands done on Saturday but if I don’t, I run to the grocery store after service and 9 out of 10 times, I buy flowers. If I had nothing in my house but flowers, I’d be in heaven (and be completely cool with sleeping on the floor!).
3. Gifts are my Love Language. I figured this out back in college and it’s been pretty darn accurate ever since. I love gifts! However, lately, flowers have been my absolute favorite gift and I have to say – my friends and family nailed it this year on the flower front. I literally filled all my vases (I have 11!) with flowers for my birthday. Seriously makes my heart happier than any other gift.
Handbag: Givenchy • Watch: Michele • Shoes: Valentino
4. My Michele Watch is 6 Years Old. So if you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you’ll notice I always wear my Michele watch (always!). I have LOVED this watch since I was 18 years old – in fact, I loved it so much that after I got my first bonus at work after college, I marched my way over to Nordstrom and purchased this bad boy. It’s been on my wrist ever since – I wear it everyday to work and on the weekends, even in weddings. I have even looked at other Michele or other brand watches and nothing suits my fancy. It still looks brand new and I’ve only changed the battery twice (twice in 6 years! whoa). I am and will always be a Michele fan.
5. I’ve drank coffee since I was 10. You may be thinking, what in the world is wrong with your mother to give you coffee that young? Well, first off, nothing is wrong with her, and secondly, I always BEGGED her to have a cup of decaf coffee. Ever since I was little, I loved the smell and always wanted a cup with some whipped cream on top. Now, as an adult, I cherish my one cup of coffee in the morning (I’m a one cup kinda gal). On Saturday’s and Sunday’s, Chuck always wakes me up with a cup of coffee in bed – it makes my weekends!
6. I love drinking with my Dad. My dad is the martini master!! He makes, hands down, THE BEST martini in town (seriously! you can ask my friends). Him and my mom love entertaining and he loves to make everyone their drink of choice (alcoholic, of course ;)). I have learned to like many alcoholic beverage because of him. This one is a French 75 (mm mm good!). It’s champagne, lemon, and gin!
7. Chartreuse is my favorite color. Lately, I’ve been dying over this mustard/chartreuse color. The mustard mules above were from Anthropologie and are super comfortable. This chartreuse sweater is from Zara and would look great with a pair of denim or white pants for spring.
Shoes: Tory Burch • Jeans: J.Crew • Top: Banana Republic
8. I have a work husband (and Chuck knows!). I seriously work with THE best coworkers and literally thank the Lord every single day for them. One, in particular, has become more than just a coworker, he has become one of my best friends. Erik and I have worked on the same campaign at work for the past year and it truly has been the BEST, most fun year. He is the best marketer I’ve known – I hope one day, I can be like him. We call each other ‘work wife’ and ‘work husband’ because we work so closely – even though he lives in NYC (Thank goodness for Skype!). EMoe – I love working with you! Thank you for always teaching and guiding me. I cherish our friendship and can’t WAIT to come visit you in NYC next week!
Shoes: DSW (Under $30!) • Dress: Target • Necklace: Stella and Dot
9. $12 Shift dresses are my Summer Go-To. I love dresses in summer. They are so easy to throw on and even easier to dress up or dress down. Shift dresses are simple and easy to throw on with a few accessories like I did in this photo. This dress was from Target last summer (for $12.99!) – I threw these darling pale pink mules on with some gold accessories and boom – this dress instantly became a work outfit.
10. Why Fiercely Charming? My last ‘get to know me’ fact is all about my blog. No, I don’t have 500K followers and no I’m not monetizing (yet!) but at this point, that doesn’t matter to me (I get asked about followers and monetization all the time so had to address it!) because I….Love….It! I always pray about where the Lord wants me to take my blog and right now, what keeps going over and over in my mind is from Psalm 37:5, “Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will do it.” So right now, I’m sticking with my goals and keepin’ on keepin’ on.
My goal with Fiercely Charming is to serve women (period). I want to empower every woman that comes across my site – empower them to want to dress up more (or down), empower them to feel confident in showing their style at work, empower them to find their favorite top on a budget. I hope Fiercely Charming has put a smile on your face once or twice or got you excited to put an outfit together for a date night or girls night out. Because at the end of the day, that is what I want to do.
If you have any feedback or want me to write about specific topics, please write me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!