Shoes: Valentino • Denim: Free People • Top: Lucky Brand (On sale for $39.99!) • Handbag: Zac Posen • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lip Liner: Pink Venus by Charlotte Tilbury • Lipstick: Kim KW by Charlotte Tilbury
There is a misconception that you can’t wear distressed denim in the Fall – for reasons I’m not entirely bought in on. If you are petite like me, you know it’s super hard to find denim that a) fits you well and b) is the perfect length. When I do, I wear them all.the.time – especially in the Fall. I have had a pair of Banana Republic distressed denim and these Free People denim that I wear very often because they fit so well and look great paired with any outfit. Yes, they’re both distressed but trust me, you can pull them off in the Fall.
- Pair with Booties. Whenever you’re wearing your distressed denim, add a pair of booties to your look. Even when you’re wearing a summer-y top like in this post, when you add a pair of tan or black booties, it can add a Fall/Winter element.
- Add a Fedora. I don’t know about you but I love Fall Fedora hats – from light colors to dark – they are a perfect accessory to add to any outfit to dress it up for Fall.
- Throw on a Sweater. I mean, this is pretty obvious but throw on a cozy sweater and your distressed denim is instantly transformed into a Fall outfit.
How do you style your distressed denim?
Shoes: Dolce Vita (sold out! Similar style here) • Dress: Nordstrom • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Vest: Gap (old! Similar style here) • Watch: Michele • Clutch: Louis Vuitton • Earrings: Kate Spade • Ring: David Yurman
With Fall right around the corner, I wanted to share a few items you could purchase now and wear in the Fall when the temps start dipping and the leaves start falling. It is seriously my favorite time of year and I’m not going to lie – I’m already ready for it to start 🙂 This whole 95 degree weather that’s supposed to come on Tuesday is cramping my style!
Below are a few items I’ve been eyeing for Fall that could easily be added to your wardrobe.
- Adidas Rain Coat | $150 | When you live in Seattle, a good coat is a necessity. Lately I’ve been loving the Adidas brand. They have made a come back since the 9th grade and I’m loving it. This rain coat is perfect for the weekend when you’re running errands or grabbing brunch with your girls. It isn’t too casual but not dressy either – easy to throw on with any outfit.
- The Perfect Pink Sweater | $45 | Ladies, I don’t know about you, but when Fall is around the corner, I’m always on the look out for sweaters upon sweaters. Because my go-to outfit is a pair of denim and a comfy sweater. This sweater is reasonably priced and will add a pop of color to any pair of pants or skirt you pair it with. I’d recommend wearing this to work on a Friday because it’s super easy to take from your workday to your date night with you man/woman.
- Denim for Work and Play | $225 | One item I love to invest in during Fall is a new pair of denim. I wear denim every single week, whether its to work or over the weekend, jeans are a huge staple in my Fall wardrobe. When denim is an item that you wear all the time, it’s important to invest in a high quality brand so they last longer. AG is a great brand, the color of the wash stays in tact and they keep their structure.
- Be Bold with a New Handbag | $48 | I love purchasing a new handbag for Fall! One that is easy to throw on and pair with any outfit. This under $50 handbag is the perfect Chloe dupe with the perfect bold color. Add a statement to your Fall look with this beauty of a bag.
I hope these items help you decide what additional Fall attire you need to add to your wardrobe.
What is your favorite Fall item to purchase?
Shoes: Old! (Similar style here) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Banana Republic • Gold Cuff: The Styled Collection • Silver Cuff: David Yurman • Handbag: Celine (Similar style here) • Watch: Daniel Wellington • Lipstick: Christian Louboutin
Last weekend was the first weekend where we were home and didn’t have too many plans (which felt SO good!). We had a few date nights and then just relaxed the rest of the weekend. The weather has been gorgeous so it’s been nice wearing dresses and skirts to work. But this past weekend, I decided to break out my skinny denim with a sleeveless top and some flirty sandals. I’ve had this sleeveless sweater for a few years now and have found that it’s perfect year-round. I can wear it with a long sleeve shirt underneath in the winter or like this in the summer. I’ve linked a similar one from Banana Republic, so take a peek and snag one for yourself.
Shifting gears a little bit – a few weeks ago I wrote a blog post and made a statement that I was not shopping until September (even through the Nordy’s sale!). Ya’ll, it’s been HARD – I’m not going to lie. I’ve passed up SO many fantastic Nordy sale items – but at least I haven’t been splurging. However, I did make one purchase and feel like I need to be honest about it 🙂 I ended up snagging these classic, Chelsea booties – I just couldn’t pass them up for the price. I’ve been needing some classic, black booties that I could wear all fall and winter and when I saw these, I just had to have. So, there you go – I did make one splurge. But overall, it’s going well. Instead of going to the mall every weekend, I’ve been trying to do other things, like go on walks, run my other errands and be with Chuck. We’ll see how the entire month of August goes. I’ll keep you posted.
Hope you all have a great week.
Shoes: SheIn (Only $37!) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Anthropologie • Silver Cuff: David Yurman • Gold Bracelet: The Styled Collection (On sale for $39!) • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here!) • Sunnies: Celine (Similar style here) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge
Even though summer is here, doesn’t mean we have to be restricted to flip flops and sandals – am I right? Don’t get me wrong, I love my summer sandals but sometimes it’s fun to change it up and wear a shoe that is unique to you – not one that everyone is wearing all the time.
I recently purchased these platform sneakers and ya’ll – I’ve received 1000 compliments on them, they are super comfortable, and they are easy to wear to work, to dinner, to lunch, to the mall – anywhere! AND they are breathable which makes them perfect for summer. Wanna know the icing on the cake with these – they are only $37! Yes, you heard right – $37!
If you are still on the fence, below are 5 reasons you should wear platform sneakers this summer:
- Easy to Pair with Any Outfit. These platforms can be worn with your favorite denim, dress, skirt, shorts – honestly, a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g!! They truly are perfect for any summer outfit and can easily be dressed up for a night out.
- The Price is a ‘thumbs up’. I’m sure you’ve seen the Gucci or Alexander Wang platform sneakers that are pricey – given they’re designer! And I love designer, but when you can get a similar look for less, I’m all about it! These are $37 – I repeat, $37! I’ve linked them above – snag them! SheIn also has other platform styles you may love too!
- Comfortable. Ok, so you may be thinking – well, those designer brands are more expensive because they are more comfortable. I can’t say you’re wrong, because I don’t own any, but what I can say is these are comfortable! They are super easy to wear.
- Unique to You. Now, I don’t know about you but I haven’t seen a ton of girls wearing platform sneakers (and I’m secretly loving it!). When I wear these, I feel like I’m the only girl around the office so if you are wanting to wear sneakers that are more unique, I’d highly recommend these babies.
- Set Your Heels Aside. I’m 5’0 – So I’m always wanting a little height. However, my feet are truly gnarly from heels so I’ve been branching out into wedges or platforms more. These have definitely satisfied my heel change. They give me a boost and people at the office are always like, ‘Whoa, you grew!’ – ya, thanks! 😉
How would you wear these platform sneakers?
Shoes: Old! Similar style here • Denim: Rag and Bone • Top: Club Monaco (On Sale for $99!) • Necklace: Old! Similar style here • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Handbag: Givenchy • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman
I love summer tops! From flowy to crop tops to floral to fitted – they are my fave. And this summer, there are a few trends I wanted to make sure are on your radar – similar to the Spring trends post I did a few months ago.
Below you will find my top 3 Summer trends to implement your wardrobe this summer:
- All About Them Sleeves (no treble). Detailed tops have been in since Spring and they’re still going strong. Similar to the one above, solid colored tops with a hint of ruffle and bell details are everywhere. I love pairing these types of tops with skinny denim, a pencil skirt, or denim shorts (for a more casual look!).
- Look on the Bright Side. Ladies, if you are trying to break out of your all black wardrobe, I’ve got news for you! Super bright colors are in for summer. In Spring, pink was THE color that stood out, but now, please feel free to wear your bright greens, yellows, purples, and blues – they’re all in.
- Don’t be so Matchy Matchy (I always tell my mother!). So we know bright, solid colors are in along with fabric details – well, we haven’t talked about patterns, and good news! patterns are essential for summer outfits. Mix and match your solids with your patterns – for example, your bright pink sweater with your polka dot dress, or your floral pants with a bright yellow top. Mixing and matching can take a neutral outfit you wear everyday to a fun, new look that you may not have thought of.
What is your favorite summer trend?
Shoes: Anthropologie (sold out! Similar style here) • Jeans: Banana Republic • Top: Anthropologie • Clutch: Clare V • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Cuff: David Yurman • Watch: Michele • Earrings: T&J Designs • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Rouge Louboutin by Christian Louboutin • Sunnies: Karen Walker
Summer finally made its debut here in Seattle and I’m loving it! Over Memorial Day weekend, we had temps up to the 80’s – woop woop! Now, you know what the means right – summer shoes!!
I’ve made a few purchases of summer mules and slip ons that I’m loving and wanted to share with all of you so you can add them to your summer wardrobe.
Below, I’ve included a list of my top 10 summer slip ons, under $200! Which ones are your faves?
- Vince Camuto Loafer Mule | $59.96 | This loafer is under $75 and perfect for the office. I love the Greystone leather color because it goes with just about anything. These mules are great for summer BBQs or casual day at the office – plus they are breathable which will keep your feet cool on those hot summer days. Head over to Nordy’s and pick these babies up at the half yearly sale!
- Halogen Freda Slide Sandal | $89.95 | These in red are perfection! I have a similar pair to these slip ons and I must say, they are super comfortable and easy to wear with any summer outfit. I’ve paired them with skirts, skinny denim, and even shorts. These would work well for summer nights around the camp fire.
- Steve Madden Jole Embellished Sandal | $69.95 | I’ve been eyeing these for quite some time. The black or the nude are great colors for summer wear, plus the pearl detail adds a dash of fancy to them. Since the colors are neutral, you could pair these with any outfit (no need to worry about whether or not you’re going to get your money’s worth), you can dress up a summer shift dress with these, a pair of denim shorts, or even a simple skirt outfit. These will be a pair of sandals you’ll wear all summer.
- Kate Spade Boe Espadrille | $110 | If you read my recent post about me, you’d know that my favorite color is yellow – from sweaters to tops to shoes – I am dying over all things yellow. These are no exception. How darling are these espadrilles? I’ve seen these paired with a delicate white dress – which adds a pop of color to a neutral dress. I’d recommend wearing these as the statement shoe – similar to the outfit in this post. I allowed the yellow mules to pop in this look.
- TopShop Adele Bow Flat Mule | $45 | Give me a bow and I’m in Heaven. These mules are giving me major heart eyes! From the price to the simplicity of them to that bow – I’m in! These mules only come in black but I do recommend having one or two pairs of black summer sandals – only because they can be paired with just about any outfit. These are work and weekend shoes appropriate so pick your outfit and just throw them on.
- Dolce Vita Jaz Sandal | $69.95 | These simple sandals in the Copper color (amaze!) are the perfect casual shoe. These would be easy to wear with some denim shorts and a tank on the weekend or to the beach with your friends. Given the straps are leather, they will stretch and mold to your shoe which will make them super comfortable to wear throughout the summer.
- Kenneth Cole Karolina Mule | $90 | These mules are currently on sale – yay! And are perfect for summer and fall! The cognac color pairs well with dark or black denim for fall or a pair of white or denim shorts during the summer. I love shoes that I can wear multiple season! Plus the price for these, you can’t beat!
- Steve Madden Kandi-P Loafer | $79.95 | I’m having a thing for pearls on my shoes lately – clearly! These mules are absolutely beautiful! Perfect for the office or a trip to the Hampton’s (don’t you think they look east coast?) But seriously, can you imagine a pair of linen white pants and a white button up with these black mules. One word – perfection!
Which ones are your fave?
Shoes: DSW (On Sale for under $20!) • Skirt: Birdee Clothing • Top: Nordstrom (2 for $28!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot (On Sale for under $30!) • Clutch: Clare V • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co.
Work travel can be exhausting! Add in determining what to wear to that mix and it adds a whole other stress that we don’t need. Recently, I have been wearing this linen midi skirt and I’ve been loving it. Not only is it comfortable to wear to the office but it’s perfect for business travel as well. When you think about work trips, you always have to wear an outfit that will be easy to transform into an appropriate meeting outfit because odds are you are heading straight to a meeting after your flight.
I have rounded up 5 plane-to-meeting skirts from my favorite online boutique – Birdee Clothing – that are comfortable while sitting on a plane and perfect to wear to your business meeting:
- Arista Pleated Midi Skirt | $72 | This skirt has got the flow! I love flowy skirts that are neutral but have a little detail, just like this one. This skirt would be perfect to pair with a button down white shirt. You could wear sandals on your flight and the minute you’re off the plane, throw on some pumps to wear to your business meeting.
- Front Tie Skirt | $72 | I am dying over this skirt. How cute is the tie in the front? Plus, that baby blue color is darling. I’d recommend wearing this with a simple white top and nude pumps. Easy and comfortable to wear on the plane and perfect for your business meeting.
- Ribbon Waise Midi Skirt | $75 | If you’re looking for the perfect neutral skirt, this is it! It’s flowy, has a little detail in the waist line and can be paired with just about any color or pattern top you’d like. I love pieces like this because you can easily dress it up or down for any occasion. This skirt would be just right for your flight, your meeting, and your business dinner. No need to change at all.
- Scalloped Hemline Fitted Skirt | $55 | The scalloped details on this skirt plus the two toned colors are perfection. This skirt could easily be worn with a simple tee that you can tuck in, a blazer, and a statement necklace. The fabric is stretchy, which is great for comfort on a plane and is dressy enough for a business meeting. I would pair this skirt with flats so it doesn’t elongate your leg too much. Wearing pumps with a skirt that is a tad short, can look like you are going clubbing – and we don’t want that for a business meeting. Easily throw on your blazer after your flight and you are set.
- Denim Pencil Skirt | $60 | Solid, dark denim is 100% work appropriate (in my book!). What I love about this denim skirt, is it can be easily be worn from the plane to your meeting to lunch to your fancy dinner. It can easily be dressed up by the top and accessories you pair it with. I would recommend a button up top in any color you choose with a small heel and statement earrings.
Head over to birdeeclothing.com for more outfits perfect for your work travel.
Instead of doing the typical ‘Instagram Roundup’ with links to everything I’m wearing (which I’ll still do!), I thought I’d open up a little and give you a peek into who I am through my photos – a little ‘Behind the Scenes’ of Lauren’s life. Shall we?
See full blog post on this outfit.
- I’m Obsessed with Birthdays. I literally think my birthday is a national holiday 😉 I’m the annoying type that tells her friends and family that her birthday is coming up months before. (at least I’m owning it) My birthday was last week and my hubby took me to Canlis. It was THE best food and service. For every special occasion, like birthday’s, anniversary’s, etc – we like to go out to dinner at a fancy place. This year was the first time we went to Canlis together. So fun!
2. I love Sunday’s. Sunday’s, to me, are my day of rest. We try to make it to church – we go to Bellevue Foursquare – but if we don’t, we lay in bed and read the bible or pray together. It is my favorite part of the day. I typically try to get my errands done on Saturday but if I don’t, I run to the grocery store after service and 9 out of 10 times, I buy flowers. If I had nothing in my house but flowers, I’d be in heaven (and be completely cool with sleeping on the floor!).
3. Gifts are my Love Language. I figured this out back in college and it’s been pretty darn accurate ever since. I love gifts! However, lately, flowers have been my absolute favorite gift and I have to say – my friends and family nailed it this year on the flower front. I literally filled all my vases (I have 11!) with flowers for my birthday. Seriously makes my heart happier than any other gift.
4. My Michele Watch is 6 Years Old. So if you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you’ll notice I always wear my Michele watch (always!). I have LOVED this watch since I was 18 years old – in fact, I loved it so much that after I got my first bonus at work after college, I marched my way over to Nordstrom and purchased this bad boy. It’s been on my wrist ever since – I wear it everyday to work and on the weekends, even in weddings. I have even looked at other Michele or other brand watches and nothing suits my fancy. It still looks brand new and I’ve only changed the battery twice (twice in 6 years! whoa). I am and will always be a Michele fan.
5. I’ve drank coffee since I was 10. You may be thinking, what in the world is wrong with your mother to give you coffee that young? Well, first off, nothing is wrong with her, and secondly, I always BEGGED her to have a cup of decaf coffee. Ever since I was little, I loved the smell and always wanted a cup with some whipped cream on top. Now, as an adult, I cherish my one cup of coffee in the morning (I’m a one cup kinda gal). On Saturday’s and Sunday’s, Chuck always wakes me up with a cup of coffee in bed – it makes my weekends!
6. I love drinking with my Dad. My dad is the martini master!! He makes, hands down, THE BEST martini in town (seriously! you can ask my friends). Him and my mom love entertaining and he loves to make everyone their drink of choice (alcoholic, of course ;)). I have learned to like many alcoholic beverage because of him. This one is a French 75 (mm mm good!). It’s champagne, lemon, and gin!
7. Chartreuse is my favorite color. Lately, I’ve been dying over this mustard/chartreuse color. The mustard mules above were from Anthropologie and are super comfortable. This chartreuse sweater is from Zara and would look great with a pair of denim or white pants for spring.
8. I have a work husband (and Chuck knows!). I seriously work with THE best coworkers and literally thank the Lord every single day for them. One, in particular, has become more than just a coworker, he has become one of my best friends. Erik and I have worked on the same campaign at work for the past year and it truly has been the BEST, most fun year. He is the best marketer I’ve known – I hope one day, I can be like him. We call each other ‘work wife’ and ‘work husband’ because we work so closely – even though he lives in NYC (Thank goodness for Skype!). EMoe – I love working with you! Thank you for always teaching and guiding me. I cherish our friendship and can’t WAIT to come visit you in NYC next week!
9. $12 Shift dresses are my Summer Go-To. I love dresses in summer. They are so easy to throw on and even easier to dress up or dress down. Shift dresses are simple and easy to throw on with a few accessories like I did in this photo. This dress was from Target last summer (for $12.99!) – I threw these darling pale pink mules on with some gold accessories and boom – this dress instantly became a work outfit.
10. Why Fiercely Charming? My last ‘get to know me’ fact is all about my blog. No, I don’t have 500K followers and no I’m not monetizing (yet!) but at this point, that doesn’t matter to me (I get asked about followers and monetization all the time so had to address it!) because I….Love….It! I always pray about where the Lord wants me to take my blog and right now, what keeps going over and over in my mind is from Psalm 37:5, “Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will do it.” So right now, I’m sticking with my goals and keepin’ on keepin’ on.
My goal with Fiercely Charming is to serve women (period). I want to empower every woman that comes across my site – empower them to want to dress up more (or down), empower them to feel confident in showing their style at work, empower them to find their favorite top on a budget. I hope Fiercely Charming has put a smile on your face once or twice or got you excited to put an outfit together for a date night or girls night out. Because at the end of the day, that is what I want to do.
If you have any feedback or want me to write about specific topics, please write me a comment. I’d love to hear from you!
Shoes: Jimmy Choo • Pants: Ann Taylor (Old! Similar style here) • Top: Anthropologie (Old! Similar style here) • Handbag: Givenchy (Similar style here – Only $69.95!) • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Lip Liner: Vino by MAC • Lipstick: Rebel by MAC
I love a pair of white pants more than I love jeans and other denim. White has a sense of fancy and style without trying. However, I know what you may be thinking, ‘There is no way I’m wearing white! I will have a stain on those babies in 2 mins.’ Well, I get it and used to feel the same way until I owned these.
Today, I’m going to break your fear of wearing white so you’ll want to jet over to the mall and grab a pair yourself.
- When to Wear White. First off, there is a difference between white denim and a white pair of slacks. I’m going to focus on the slacks but if you’re interested, you can find out how to pick the right white denim for you here. Ok – so here’s the deal: These pants can be worn professionally or out on the town with your man or your girls. They are definitely a bit fancier so not super conducive for a Saturday running errands 😉 They are the statement piece – between the leg width, the belt detail, and the color – they will make your outfit shine. Which is kind of funny, because typically when you think ‘statement’ piece, you think bright colors and shiny accessories (am I right?!).
- Tide To-Go is Your BFF. I know one fear many of you may have is, ‘How do you avoid stains?’. First off, pants don’t manage to stain (for me!) as much as tops do so hopefully you won’t have too many issues with pants. However, my one tip for wearing white is: Tide to-go. I always toss a Tide to-go stick in my handbag when I wear my white pants. That way, if you accidentally spill your food on your lap (I’m totally guilty of that!) then you can run to the bathroom and get the stain out instantly instead of waiting till you bring them to the cleaners.
- What to Pair White With. The beauty of white is you can wear it with just about anything, any color, any pattern, etc. If you were to wear these pants to work, I would recommend sticking to the neutral color palette so it remains a professional look – a black blazer with white pants and your black or nude pumps would be perfect for a day with loads of meetings and/or a big presentation. Grab one of your fun clutches (to spice up the look!) and you’re on your way. Now, if you plan to wear these pants out for a girls night or a date night – then you can explore several more options. Colorful tops, textured patterns, i.e. lace, statement accessories, and fun shoes can all be worn with these pants to make them even dressier. You’ll be the best dressed for your evening out!
I hope this has helped you face your fears of wearing white. Honestly, my motto is – they are just clothes. You can get them dry-cleaned (worst case!) so wear them and enjoy them!