Shoes: DSW (Similar style here!) • Denim: Banana Republic • Long Sleeve Top: BP at Nordstrom (On Sale for $10.80!) • Sleeveless Sweater: Banana Republic (Similar style here – Only $35!) • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Handbag: Givenchy (similar style here! Only $69.95!) • Ring: David Yurman • Cuff: The Styled Collection • Watch: Michele • Lipstick: Liv it Up by Charlotte Tilbury
Happy Monday everyone! Sorry I was a bit MIA last week. I ended up getting a sore throat at the beginning of last week and it turned into a terrible head cold 😦 But I’m doing much better now and officially ready for spring. Seattle sun hasn’t made an appearance quite yet but we are getting a few glimpses here and there (thank goodness!).
As we transition into spring, there are still those chilly and wet days so I’m breaking down 5 tips to layering your outfits during the awkward in-between weather – while still feeling springy.
- Sleeveless Sweaters Over Anything. I love these sleeveless sweaters! I’ve had this particular one since last spring and I’ve worn it all year. It’s the perfect weight – not too heavy or too light – and can easily be worn over a long sleeve top. You can also wear it over a tank top or short sleeve blouse with a pair of denim. It’s perfect for those overcast days where a simple dress won’t do the trick.
- Maxi Dress Paired with a Sweater. In the spring/summer, you probably have a few maxi dresses that may be short sleeve or sleeveless. They are perfect for summer days! Well, on those nights where the temps are in the 50’s but the sun may be shining, a maxi dress with a cute pullover sweater is perfect. Not only will it be functional, but it adds a different dynamic to a dress. Here’s an example – this dress with this sweater. It dresses up the simple navy blue dress with a color and a floral pattern.
- The Chambray Shirt. I know this was a huge hit 2 summers ago but good news – it still is! What I love about denim is you can wear it with just about anything – I consider it a neutral. So bring out your chambray shirt (that I know you have from 2 summers ago!) and shrug it over a tank top or short sleeve shirt, add a long necklace and you’re ready to go!
- Add Longer Vests. I love long vests! Even as a petite gal, they just work. When the weather is fickle, embrace the long layers like long vests to add to your dress or your jeans/top. It goes with everything! Here is an example of one that is super cute.
- The Neck Makes a Difference. Snag yourself one of these light weight turtle necks and wear it under a sleeveless dress to easily style one of your spring numbers. You can also take this same turtle neck and tuck it into a cute, denim skirt with a pair of booties and you’re set. These are such an easy staple to pair with one of your spring pieces.