Shoes: Tory Burch • Black Denim: Birdee Clothing • Top: Birdee Clothing • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here) • Earrings: Old, Similar style here • Sunnies: Celine, Similar style here (On Sale for $7!) • Lipstick: Chanel
Seattle finally decided to show it’s beauty with some sunshine this past weekend. It didn’t last long, but boy was it beautiful while it did. Unfortunately, Chuck was sick all week 😦 so we didn’t get to do a whole lot. But, it was still really nice having the sun shine through the windows instead of gray and rain!
Most of all, I was excited to bust out one of my spring tops – this ‘off-the-shoulder’ denim top from my favorite online boutique, Birdee Clothing. It is super comfortable and I love the ruffle detail. With spring (hopefully!) right around the corner, I’ve been trying to go through my wardrobe and see what pieces are on trend this spring. And if I’m missing something, I know Birdee Clothing will have it.
Below, I will walk you through the top 6 fashion trends for spring and how to wear them so you are fully prepared for Spring!
- Exposed Shoulders. Just like this outfit, the exposed shoulder look is big for Spring. Whether you wear a top like I am that shows your entire shoulder or you wear tops that subtly expose them, they’re in! Here’s another off the shoulder top that I’m loving from Birdee’s new spring/summer collection – you could easily pair this with white denim, distressed denim or some cute white shorts when the temps get hot.
- Stripes upon Stripes. I’m sure you’ve heard the famous phrase – Florals for spring…groundbreaking! (-Miranda, from the Devil Wears Prada for those who may not!) Florals are always a great choice for spring. However, this spring, stripes are hot! Striped dresses that are super easy to pair with converse or sandals are perfect for a Saturday running errands and then transition to dinner with the girls. Or a striped top that you could easily pair with a denim jacket – denim jackets are a staple this time of year! If you need one, here is my fave!
- The Slip Dress. These simple, beautiful items are SO great to wear to work or on a date night with you man or woman. This slip dress can be dressed up or dressed down. Here’s how: For work – you’ll want to pair this dress with a blazer, boots, and a delicate long necklace. This way, your shoulders are covered and you look professional. For date night – you could pair this dress with a denim jacket, sandals or pumps, and a statement necklace. This way, you’re making the look fun, comfortable, yet flirty.
- Mules + Wedges. The two major shoe trends this fall are for sure the mule and the wedge. I have found both of these items at a great price – Maddy Mule by BP (Only $69.95) and these Marc Fisher Espadrilles ($159.95). Both could be worn with just about any spring outfit you put together. Plus, they are comfortable, easy to walk in, and worn at work and on the weekend.
- The Statement Sleeve. This is by far my favorite trend – I’ve never seen a bell sleeve I didn’t like. Big bell sleeves are SO in right now and I’m loving it. Here’s a beautiful, dusty pink bell sleeve top that would pair perfectly with a pair of white denim – either a skirt or a pants.
- Pink, Pink, Pink. I know what you’re thinking, pink is already a spring color – it’s not a trend. If you’re thinking this, oh honey, let me explain! During the 2017 Fashion Week, there was pink splattered everywhere – from handbags to tops to handbags, it was all over. Not only that, but I did some research to make sure I wasn’t just seeing a lot of pink because it’s my favorite color 🙂 Here is an article from Bravo TV saying pink is the color for this spring. Here is another article from Vogue Paris – their first Spring trend is ‘Shocking Pink’. If you aren’t a pink kind of gal but want a pop of color this spring, pink is your color!
If you need more pieces to enhance your Spring and Summer wardrobe, head over to www.birdeeclothing.com and check out their new collection.