A few years ago, my husband, Chuck, came home with a recipe for paleo muffins. He is a Crossfit trainer and at the time was training at Crossfit Redmond. There was such a great community of people that worked out/trained there and they always had yummy paleo recipes to share. One of them was the famous Paleo Pumpkin Muffins shared by Jenny Olson – one of the best trainers.
These muffins are delicious, filling, and great for breakfast or snacks throughout the day.
1/2 C coconut flour
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 C pureed pumpkin
6 eggs, beaten
4 T coconut oil, melted
1/3 C pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Grease muffin pans with olive oil spray. Do not use paper cups. The muffins stick to them.
3. Toss coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and spice into a small bowl. Stir together and set aside.
4. Place pumpkin puree in medium mixing bowl. One by one, crack the eggs into the bowl, mixing well with pumpkin puree after each egg is added.
5. Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
6. Add flour mixture to egg blend and stir well with a wire whisk until most of the floury lumps have disappeared.
7. Spoon into greased muffin tins – about 2/3 full.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top or toothpick inserted into center of muffin is clean when removed.
9. Serve warm with a hot cup of coffee or tea!