I’ve tried many face cleansers in my day to help balance my face from being too oily or too dry (plus, to avoid the random breakouts). I’ve used Clinique to Laura Mercier to Clarins and I still didn’t feel 100% satisfied. So, about 6 months ago, I started using Tula. I researched the brand and their products and fell in love with a) the fact that they use probiotics in their formula, which helps your skin naturally fight bad bacteria, b) their price! Their products are not outrageously expensive, c) and the Dr. behind the formula – Dr. Raj (she’s darling and a badass).
Since I’ve starting using Tula, my skin has had less breakouts, been more hydrated, and balanced – less oily in the ‘T’ zone and less dry on my cheeks. Perfect for the winter time weather! If you are still in search for the right face routine for you, I’ve provided a step-by-step guide to great skin (based on my experience):
- Scrub, scrub, scrub. Every morning, I start out by using an exfoliant to scrub my skin. It removes the dry/dead skin that builds up from wearing makeup and other cleaners. Here is what I use to exfoliate. I love the light scent and the gentle exfoliant.
- Cleanse to Clean. After I exfoliate, I use Tula’s Purifying Cleanser (it is seriously my fave!) to wash my face and take off any residual beads from the exfoliant scrub. Once I finish that, I pat dry my face and move to the next step.
- Apply the Serum. Once my face is completely dry from exfoliating and cleansing, I apply the Tula Serum. The one thing I love about this product is it evens out my skin tone and brightens it. Plus, it’s so light and airy – which doesn’t make me feel like I’m putting on a mask.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. After my skin has soaked in the Serum, I apply the Tula hydrating day and night cream. It is definitely thicker than the Serum but doesn’t feel too heavy. It feels so moisturizing and healing on my skin. I love applying this cream – to the point when I’m out, I overnight ship a new one!
- Make-Up’s Gotta Go. The # 1 difference between the morning and evening routine is this step – removing your make-up. It is so essential to remove all your make-up before you go to sleep. It can clog your pours and cause you to break out (at least in my experience). I told Chuck when we got married that if there is ever a night where I’m too tired to take my make-up off, that he has to remind me to take it off! And he has definitely stuck to his word. I use the Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Towelettes. They are my favorite. I’ve used the Costco – Kirkland brand, but it dries out my skin. The Neutrogena wipes cleanse my skin while it removes my make-up. I only need to use one towelette per evening.
- Cleanse to Take the Day Off. After I remove my make-up, I apply the Purifying Cleanser to scrub the residual makeup off. Pat my face dry and let it completely dry.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydate. Once my face is completely dry, I apply the Hydrating day and night cream. At night, it feels amazing – after having make-up on all day, I love moisturizing my face.
I hope this helps you! Especially if you are still trying to figure out the right face routine.
What are your favorite face products?
*This is not sponsored. This guide is based on my experience with these products.