Shoes: Tory Burch (On Sale for $199!) • Denim: Free People • Top: Evereve • Handbag: Saint Laurent (similar style here) • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Gold Cuff: Stella and Dot • Necklace: Stella and Dot (no longer available, but similar style here) • Earrings: Kate Spade • Lipstick: YSL #1 • Ring: David Yurman
I love a neutral lace look – it’s easy to wear with just about any bottom: denim, black pants, a skirt – it goes with everything. And can be worn in the summer and the Fall depending on how you pair it. I picked up this lace top from a local boutique called, Evereve – they have some darling items. And I thought it would be perfect to transition from these hot temps to the 60 degree weather.
Below, I’ve included some Do’s and Don’ts for transitioning your wardrobe from summer to Fall:
- Do Wear Leggings | Ladies, it’s time to break out leggings or tights with those dresses to keep you warm. Plus, I love taking a dress that I wore in the summer and pairing it with leggings for Fall.
- Don’t Wear Crop tops | To me, crop tops are specifically for spring and summer – I don’t know about you but showing my midriff in the Fall is like looking at a ghost. I recommend saving those tops for Summer 2018!
- Do Wear Sandals | I’m a big proponent of wearing sandals into Fall. For example, Paul Green’s sandals are perfect to pair with denim on days that aren’t freezing. So if you can extend your sandal wear into Fall, I highly recommend it.
- Don’tWear Hiking Gear Unless You’re Hiking | I know I live in Seattle so NorthFace, Patagonia, Arcteryx – they are all great brands with fantastic outdoor gear. But in the Fall, I try to invest in one coat/jacket that I can wear throughout the winter – one that is easy to layer and can be easy to wear on a warmer Fall day. I invested in this Burberry coat back in Spring and it has been so versatile and easy to wear throughout the summer nights so I can imagine it’s going to be perfect for Fall.
- Do Become Besties with this Accessory | Scarves, scarves, scarves! They are my go-to accessory for Fall. In fact, I have an entire dresser drawer dedicated to scarves. In the Fall, it’s so easy to throw on a top and some denim and dress it up with a fun, colorful or pattern-esque scarf. So if you’re low in the scarf department, go pick a few to add to your wardrobe.
What are your transition tips for Fall?