Shoes: DSW (Old! Similar style here) • Skirt: J.Crew • Top: TopShop • Watch: Michele • Silver Cuff: David Yurman • Gold Cuff: Stella and Dot • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: YSL Le Rouge • Handbag: Givenchy (Similar style here) • Ring: David Yurman
I love weekends (I mean, who doesn’t!)! But I love having plans where I get to pick whatever outfit I want to wear and pair it with any accessory I have. When I get ready, I think about 3 things – Activity, Location, and Look. I’m going to break down how I pulled this together for a night out with friends.
- Activity. For this night out, we had dinner plans with friends so here’s what I think about – there won’t be a lot of walking, so heels is an accessory I could wear. I also think, we’re going to be sitting inside in AC, so a light sweater might be necessary.
- Location. The second thing I think about is the location. In this case, we were going to Purple Cafe, which isn’t casual but not too dressy. But let’s be real, anytime I’m going to a restaurant that isn’t casual is by default, dressy 🙂
- Look. After you think through the activity and aspects of the location, you’ll be able to simply put your look together. For this evening, I decided to pair a skirt with a simple black camisole and dressed it up with accessories – heels, fun handbag, and jewelry. Since it was hot that day, I simply brought a sweater to wear in the restaurant if I got cold. But otherwise, this look fit perfect for that evening.
It can be hard to determine the right outfit for an evening out – so breaking down your thoughts into these 3 areas can help you pull your look together. Try it and let me know how it works for you.
^^See full blog post here
^^See full blog post here
^^ See full blog post here
^^See full blog post here
^^See full blog post here
^^ See full blog post here
^^ See full blog post here
If you’ve followed me for awhile or are a new follower (Welcome!), you know/will know that I love handbags. I’ve been a handbag gal forever – when I was little, I used to beg my mom to buy a new purse. I always loved switching them out to match different outfits. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve fallen in love with designer handbags – from the leather used to the quality of stitching to the look – I just enjoy them so much.
As I’ve collected a few, I’ve started to realize there are a few that I wear all the time and a few that sit on my shelf in my closet. Similar to how we purge our closets in Spring, I had a handbag purge the last few weeks to organize my shoe/handbag shelf.
Well, there are two handbags that I’m selling – my Celine Phantom Leather bag and my Tory Burch cross body. I’m selling my Celine bag on eBay and my Tory Burch bag on Tradesy.com. If you are interested or have any friends who are, please share this post – both bags are posted at a fair price.
Below, I’m going to share how to decide which designer reseller is best to use when selling your handbags:
- Trendlee and Fashionphile. I love purchasing lightly used designer bags from Trendlee – they are always authentic and easy to work with. If you are interested in selling your designer handbag with Trendlee or Fashionphile, you’ll have to provide information on your bag, submit to their sites, and then they will offer you a price for your bag. Once you accept that offer, you will receive payment within a few days. Super easy!! And you don’t have to deal with selling your bag – they handle it all. However, the price you want for your bag may not be the price they can provide, given their services – they handle the selling, shipping, etc.
- Tradesy. I haven’t purchased anything on Tradesy but they have some quality designer bags, including Tory Burch (Trendlee doesn’t sell Tory). With Tradesy, you list your bag on their site by providing all the details they need, they recommend a price for your item based on what you bought it for, and once your bag sells, you’ll receive your cash. Keep in mind – they do take a 17.8% commission on your bag so something to consider when you are selling.
- eBay. eBay is similar to Tradesy, where you post details of your bag, your listing posts, and once your item sells, you will get paid out. However, eBay doesn’t seem to have a set commission they take from your purchase – they have taxes and fees that they put on your purchase based on how you sell it. If you sell your item using PayPal, then they will take around 3% so that is something to keep in mind as you sell your item.
I highly recommend all 4 of these resellers based on my experience buying and selling on them – choosing the right seller depends on what you are selling and how much time and effort you want to put into the sale.
Which reseller have you tried?
If you read my blog last week, you’d know that I am not shopping until Labor Day – I know, I’m crazy! This includes the Nordstrom Sale <insert stunned face now>. I’m trying to take a minute, evaluate the clothes I have in my closet, and actually wear them.
This dress is a hand-me down from my bestie (I’ve borrowed it from her for a long time and got it in her last closet purge – thanks sis!). But I just love the print – Always have! And it fit me so well. I decided to wear it out to dinner with the fam and thought I’d dress it up a bit.
I paired it with my Tory Burch flats because they are so easy to dress up or dress down (one of the reason’s I wear them all.summer.long!). I also paired with jewelry that easily adds some glam to the look. But the one accessory that can always pop your outfit is – the handbag!! It’s all in the handbags. I decided on this particular cross body because it was a neutral color with some metal details. Since the dress is full of color, I thought I’d focus on the gold elements rather than a bright color.
How do you style your old clothes?
- AllSaints Ray Nubuck Crossbody | Sale Price: $185.90 | The color of this bag caught my eye. I love the maroon/burnt orange color for Fall (and we all know, we shop the Nordy’s sale to get a head start on our Fall items!). The braided detail around the border of the bag is so darling – it adds just enough texture without going over the top. And the tassel…I love! If you’re looking for the perfect Fall crossbody – this is the bag for you!
- Rebecca Minkoff Camera Bag | Sale Price: $196.90 | The strap on this bag is probably my fave! I’ve been loving the unique, patterned straps – it gives the bag so much character. Think of a weekend trip away with this darling cross body – the light gray color goes with any outfit and is the perfect size for a getaway. If you’ve got a Labor Trip on the horizon and you need a cross body that isn’t too small or too big, this one is for you!
- Ted Baker London Textured Bar Crossbody | Sale Price: $105.90 | First off, I love the gold bar detail on this cross body – It adds a classic element to it. And the interior lining is darling (even though no one will see that but you!). Imagine a neutral outfit, say white pants and a light gray or tan top with this cross body! This pop of hot pink would add so much color and sass to your look. Lastly, the chain strap adds a dressy feel so feel free to wear this to a wedding or any special occasion.
- Kate Spade New York Young Lane Crossbody | Sale Price: $129.90 | A black cross body is always necessary – I mean, it’s your everyday bag. Wear it to work, to dinner, to girls night, to date night, to just about anywhere – this is your daily bag. Kate Spade is high quality and will last and at this price, you just can’t beat it. If you’re looking for a new everyday bag for Fall, I’d swoop this one up before it’s gone!
- Rebecca Minkoff Small Love Nubuck Crossbody | Sale Price: $149.90 | This cross body style is such a classic look – it mirrors the Chanel look without the price tag. I haven’t seen this olive green, but how cute is this color? I see this bag as one you could wear daily as well. It looks like the texture is suede but this bag is in full leather (which holds up great when you need a bag you can wear all the time). What I love about this is one is the leather looks different than typical leather. It’s not too shiny, but has that matte look. I also love the mixed strap – chain and leather. The beauty of this is when you wear this bag over your shoulder, the chain won’t dig into your skin because there’s a leather strap to sit on your arm – perfection. If you’re in need for a Fall cross body that is a little bigger, looks designer, and will last – this is your pick!
Shoes: Tory Burch • Dress: Target (old! Similar style here) • Scarf: Light and Bright Lifestyle (Similar style here) • Handbag: Kate Spade (Old! Similar style here) • Earrings: Anthropologie • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge
I love old dresses! Do any of you have dresses that you’ve had for years and just can’t get rid of? Even when you’re purging your closet, you’re like – I just can’t get rid of this one! Well that is how I feel about this dress. I have it in black too and I’ve had then since college (over 7 years ago!). The only thing that has crossed my mind is how can I dress this up so it’s not restricted to a beach cover up.
Below, I’ve outlined 3 tips for dressing up your old dresses so you can wear them beyond your errands and beach runs. I’d love to hear how you’ve dressed up your old dresses too!
- Jewelry is Key. When you have a simple dress that may seem a bit more casual, add colorful jewelry to bring a pop of color to your look. For this specific dress, I chose turquoise given that it’s summertime and that color just works. I also paired with a light blue clutch so it stays within the blue family. This will most definitely increase the dressy style in your look.
- Linen adds a Nautical Feel. I love linen in the summer. It’s light, airy and easy to wear. This scarf is linen and is perfect for a summer evening when the sun is starting to go down and it gets a bit cooler. And the color….I just LOVE! That baby pink is perfect to pair with any neutral look. I added it to this look to not only dress it up but to add functionality. It adds a summertime charm to your look and can be used when the sun starts to go down.
- It’s all in the Shoes. Now, I know I’m wearing flat sandals in this look, which you may think – gosh, that doesn’t look super dressy. Well, you’re right but it’s more dressy than flip flops 😉 Another idea would be to pair this outfit with heels or wedges to really enhance the attire for an evening out. Heels always elongate your look and add a sense of fancy to any look.
Now, you may be thinking – in the title, you have ‘Exciting News!’ as well, and you may be wondering what I’m going to share. Well, last weekend, I got an email saying that I was nominated on the Top 100 Fashion Bloggers’ Style Tips list. You can check it out here.
At first I was like, how in the heck did I get chosen (I mean, how cool!) but seriously how did this happen. I do Fiercely Charming for fun, as a creative outlet and hobby, and a way to serve other women around the world. Well, let me tell you! The criteria for making the list was based on 1) Google Ranking and Search, 2) Influence on social media, 3) Quality and consistency of posts, 4) Feedspot’s editorial team
Do I have a huge social media following? No. But I really try to be consistent and take my time writing my blog posts. So if I fall into any of those categories, the one I get most excited about it #3. For any of you gals who are toying with the idea of starting your own blog – I encourage you to start it. Over the past 2 years, I’ve learned SO much, met some great people, and am still having a ton of fun. Plus, you get these fun surprises once in awhile that just keeps your motivation high.
Thanks for letting me share this news and I hope you all have a great Monday!
Shoes: Tory Burch • Dress: Nasty Gal (On sale for $25!) • Earrings: Nordstrom • Sunnies: Tory Burch • Bracelets: J.Crew • Handbag: Clare V. • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Brave by MAC
Ok, let me break it down for you – It’s summer, it’s hot, and dress season is in full swing! When it’s super hot out, I love wearing dresses because they are flowy and easy to stay cool in. This dress is <insert heaven hands> so perfect for summer.
Below I’ve listed my Top 3 reasons you must-have this dress for your summer months:
- Perfect for any Occasion. This dress can easily be dressed up for a wedding or worn casually to a bridal shower or lunch with girlfriends. The ruffle detail really adds personality to this dress and is the statement of this look. No need to add a ton of accessories – the ruffles do it. I loved pairing this dress with a leopard print so it adds a pop of pattern. I also could see this dress paired with some scrappy sandals with a heel to dress it up and add an elongated/fancy look.
- The Price. Gals, this dress is originally $50 but is ON SALE for $25!! I repeat, $25! And the material is not cheap material – it’s a thicker fabric that will definitely last, so be sure to snag yours now at Nastygal.com.
- Fits any Body Type. Whether you are tall, this will show off some leg without being too short- or petite (like me), it can be worn as a more formal look since it falls beyond the knees. It lays off the shoulder with an elastic fabric so can easily be worn higher or lower on someone’s shoulders, given their height.
How would you wear this dress?
Shoes: Tory Burch • Dress: Zara (On Sale for $19.99!) • Clutch: Clare V • Sunnies: Karen Walker • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge • Ring: David Yurman
Ok – I’m going to get right to it: I know my legs are as translucent and pale as Casper the Ghost – so sorry that you have to see them like that (I didn’t have time for a spray tan!). But don’t worry, I’ll be using my at-home self tanner (St. Tropez is my fave!) this week.
I’m definitely going to want to use my self tanner with the 4th on the horizon. I LOVE – let me repeat – I LOVE the 4th of July! I love the spirit, the love, the way we come together on that holiday and celebrate our Independence. It’s a really good time to reflect on ourselves – are we truly being the people we want to be, are we serving others, are we standing up for who we want to be in this life? All of these reflections are popping into my head this week. I’m planning on doing a ‘New Years Resolution Check-In’ blog post to see where I’ve come since I stated my resolutions. Stay tuned for that.
Back to the 4th – if you haven’t figured out what to wear, may I suggest you grab your keys, hop in your car, and drive over to your nearest Zara – guys, this dress is on sale for $19.99! (It’s hard to tell, but it’s navy blue) Grab one for yourself, apply your favorite red lipstick, and sunnies and ladies, you’re all set! I’ve worn this dress a few times already and it’s super comfortable – the fabric is soft and actually thicker than you’d think (given the price). It’s perfect for a 4th of July party, BBQ, fireworks show – just don’t forget your blankets at night!
What are you doing for the 4th?
Wedding season is in full swing and I’m ready to dress up and dance the night away at them all! I don’t know about you but the past few summers have been full of weddings and this one is no exception. And with weddings, come bridal showers and bachelorette parties!!
I just attended a bachelorette party in Napa a few weekends ago – quick side note: Napa is the perfect place to host a bachelorette party or 30 birthday, in case you need ideas! – One of the nights we were asked to wear all black so the bride could stand out in her gorgeous white dress (and so the pictures looked cool ;)).
I thought about wearing my long black jumpsuit but I can only wear it with my super high heels and really didn’t want to walk the hills of SF in those. So I ran into Macy’s (for the first time in awhile!) and found this section filled with the brand, Avec Les Filles. I was like – Macy’s is stepping it up! Who the heck is this brand from? They had THE cutest rompers (see above!) blazers, sweatshirts (with silk ties), dresses, office tops and so much more. Plus, they have a ton of darling clothes on sale for up to 60% off – so the romper above was only $31! I mean, I’d buy just about any clothing item for $30, right?! When I got to the counter to pay, I asked the gal who is behind this brand and she said that BCBG’s daughter is (which made total sense because the style was a great extension of BCBG).
So, if you are a Nordy’s girl like me, I encourage you to pop into Macy’s and check out this brand – I promise, you’ll love and get a good deal ;)!
Ok – back to the bachelorette look under $100 – since this romper is only $31, it’s easy to splurge a little on the shoes and accessories. For me, I love a nice shade of lipstick that I know I’ll wear for a long time. For this look, I chose the YSL Le Rouge lipstick – it’s $37! (I know, not cheap! but remember the romper was only $31 so we’re staying within budget!). I love YSL’s lipsticks – they hydrate my lips, unlike some lipsticks that just dry out your lips.
Lastly, I paired this romper with a pair of my leopard heels from DSW (Only $30!) – they are old so I linked a similar pair above for $29! They aren’t too high and not too low – just right for a night out when you’re walking around the city and dancing the night away. I’d recommend DSW for an affordable shoe for girls nights.
I hope this look helps inspire you for your next bachelorette party!