Shoes: Christian Louboutin • Pants: Birdee Clothing • Top: Anthropologie • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Handbag: Saint Laurent • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Ring: David Yurman • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Lipstick: Candy K Lip Kit by Kylie Cosmetics
Shoes: DSW (On Sale for under $20!) • Skirt: Birdee Clothing • Top: Nordstrom (2 for $28!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot (On Sale for under $30!) • Clutch: Clare V • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co.
Work travel can be exhausting! Add in determining what to wear to that mix and it adds a whole other stress that we don’t need. Recently, I have been wearing this linen midi skirt and I’ve been loving it. Not only is it comfortable to wear to the office but it’s perfect for business travel as well. When you think about work trips, you always have to wear an outfit that will be easy to transform into an appropriate meeting outfit because odds are you are heading straight to a meeting after your flight.
I have rounded up 5 plane-to-meeting skirts from my favorite online boutique – Birdee Clothing – that are comfortable while sitting on a plane and perfect to wear to your business meeting:
- Arista Pleated Midi Skirt | $72 | This skirt has got the flow! I love flowy skirts that are neutral but have a little detail, just like this one. This skirt would be perfect to pair with a button down white shirt. You could wear sandals on your flight and the minute you’re off the plane, throw on some pumps to wear to your business meeting.
- Front Tie Skirt | $72 | I am dying over this skirt. How cute is the tie in the front? Plus, that baby blue color is darling. I’d recommend wearing this with a simple white top and nude pumps. Easy and comfortable to wear on the plane and perfect for your business meeting.
- Ribbon Waise Midi Skirt | $75 | If you’re looking for the perfect neutral skirt, this is it! It’s flowy, has a little detail in the waist line and can be paired with just about any color or pattern top you’d like. I love pieces like this because you can easily dress it up or down for any occasion. This skirt would be just right for your flight, your meeting, and your business dinner. No need to change at all.
- Scalloped Hemline Fitted Skirt | $55 | The scalloped details on this skirt plus the two toned colors are perfection. This skirt could easily be worn with a simple tee that you can tuck in, a blazer, and a statement necklace. The fabric is stretchy, which is great for comfort on a plane and is dressy enough for a business meeting. I would pair this skirt with flats so it doesn’t elongate your leg too much. Wearing pumps with a skirt that is a tad short, can look like you are going clubbing – and we don’t want that for a business meeting. Easily throw on your blazer after your flight and you are set.
- Denim Pencil Skirt | $60 | Solid, dark denim is 100% work appropriate (in my book!). What I love about this denim skirt, is it can be easily be worn from the plane to your meeting to lunch to your fancy dinner. It can easily be dressed up by the top and accessories you pair it with. I would recommend a button up top in any color you choose with a small heel and statement earrings.
Head over to birdeeclothing.com for more outfits perfect for your work travel.
Shoes: Jimmy Choo • Pants: Ann Taylor (Old! Similar style here) • Top: Anthropologie (Old! Similar style here) • Handbag: Givenchy (Similar style here – Only $69.95!) • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Lip Liner: Vino by MAC • Lipstick: Rebel by MAC
I love a pair of white pants more than I love jeans and other denim. White has a sense of fancy and style without trying. However, I know what you may be thinking, ‘There is no way I’m wearing white! I will have a stain on those babies in 2 mins.’ Well, I get it and used to feel the same way until I owned these.
Today, I’m going to break your fear of wearing white so you’ll want to jet over to the mall and grab a pair yourself.
- When to Wear White. First off, there is a difference between white denim and a white pair of slacks. I’m going to focus on the slacks but if you’re interested, you can find out how to pick the right white denim for you here. Ok – so here’s the deal: These pants can be worn professionally or out on the town with your man or your girls. They are definitely a bit fancier so not super conducive for a Saturday running errands 😉 They are the statement piece – between the leg width, the belt detail, and the color – they will make your outfit shine. Which is kind of funny, because typically when you think ‘statement’ piece, you think bright colors and shiny accessories (am I right?!).
- Tide To-Go is Your BFF. I know one fear many of you may have is, ‘How do you avoid stains?’. First off, pants don’t manage to stain (for me!) as much as tops do so hopefully you won’t have too many issues with pants. However, my one tip for wearing white is: Tide to-go. I always toss a Tide to-go stick in my handbag when I wear my white pants. That way, if you accidentally spill your food on your lap (I’m totally guilty of that!) then you can run to the bathroom and get the stain out instantly instead of waiting till you bring them to the cleaners.
- What to Pair White With. The beauty of white is you can wear it with just about anything, any color, any pattern, etc. If you were to wear these pants to work, I would recommend sticking to the neutral color palette so it remains a professional look – a black blazer with white pants and your black or nude pumps would be perfect for a day with loads of meetings and/or a big presentation. Grab one of your fun clutches (to spice up the look!) and you’re on your way. Now, if you plan to wear these pants out for a girls night or a date night – then you can explore several more options. Colorful tops, textured patterns, i.e. lace, statement accessories, and fun shoes can all be worn with these pants to make them even dressier. You’ll be the best dressed for your evening out!
I hope this has helped you face your fears of wearing white. Honestly, my motto is – they are just clothes. You can get them dry-cleaned (worst case!) so wear them and enjoy them!
We all have our daily routines during the week. We wake up, get ready, grab coffee and jet set to wherever our work takes us. Whether it’s the office, on the road, PTA meetings, etc. – we all are busy with a job to do. On top of our day jobs, we all have to figure out what to wear every single morning. Our outfits can’t be too casual, our hair must look decent, and our makeup can’t yell, ‘Let’s go clubbing!’ on a Monday morning.
To help with these daily decisions we have to make, I have put together 5 work accessories that will make you feel confident and ready to get your job done.
- The Right Handbag. We all have lots to carry around with us every day. Whether it’s a laptop, tablet, iPad, or simply a phone and notebook, we need something to carry it in. A well-made handbag is a must. One that is big enough to carry your things but not obnoxiously big that you could fit inside of it. Finding one that is leather with strong and sturdy straps are a must. This way, it lasts for a long time. A work handbag is something you should definitely think about investing in.
- Something Timeless. I don’t know about you, but I use my wristwatch all the time, every single day. When I’m running from meeting to meeting, I’m always using my watch to ensure I’m keeping time and not running too late. One accessory I recommend purchasing right away is a watch. It not only will tell time for you but looks timeless on your wrist and is easily fashioned up with some bracelets. Nordstrom has some great, affordable watches that look great and will be a life saver for you as you’re working through your day.
- Comfortable Shoes. Even if you have an office job where you’re primarily sitting at your desk, you still want comfortable shoes. It’s never fun having blisters on your heels from flats or heels. Invest in a comfortable pair of flats and heels. I recommend two brands – AGL and Paul Green. Check them out!
- A Handful of Lipsticks. Before I walk into the office everyday, I always put on some lipstick to complete my look. It could be a nude or bold red/pink I go with, but it always makes me feel confident and complete. My favorite lipsticks are YSL and MAC. They have plenty to choose from, so take a look and find your favorite color!
- Earrings for Every Outfit. You’re probably wondering – why isn’t she talking about jewelry all up? Well, I love jewelry! You can see many of posts accentuate the jewelry I love to wear, but one piece of jewelry that every woman owns are earrings. I have a few staple studs I wear on the daily but once in awhile I like to bring out my fancy earrings and dress up an outfit, similar to the one in this post. Stella and Dot have a wide selection of earrings, with a variety of them that can be work 3-4 different ways. These earrings I’m wearing can be worn 4 different ways and I love them. I can dress them up (like in these photos) when I’m feeling bold, or dress them down when I want to be neutral. Snag yourself some earrings for everyday!
What are your favorite work accessories?