Photo Cred: My Handsome Hubby
Shoes: Jimmy Choo • Skirt: Banana Republic (On sale for $29.99!) • Top: Macy’s (similar style here!) • Watch: Michele • Earrings: Ann Taylor • Clutch: A Gift (similar style here!) • Ring: David Yurman • Makeup/Hair: Gene Juarez
Chuck | Shoes: Cole Haan • Suit: Hugo Boss • Pocket Square: Nordstrom • Button up: Nordstrom • Watch: Nixon
Chuck and I went to my best friend’s, sister’s wedding this past weekend. She is basically our sister too so we have been looking forward to it for awhile now. It was held at this super cute location in Capital Hill downtown, called Melrose Market. It had brick everywhere you turned, an eclectic vibe, and beautiful lights and candles all around. It was absolutely perfect.
The dress code was fancy. I love fancy. Normally, I always try to get something new to wear to weddings since it’s such a special occasion. However, this time around, I didn’t because I had an outfit in mind that I already had in my closet. FYI, I’m trying to buy less and wear more of what I already have.
Here’s how I stayed on budget for this particular wedding:
- Value Styling. I really wanted to get my hair and makeup done so I looked my best for my girl. But I know that getting my hair blown out or styled would be at least $50 with tip. Instead, I decided to schedule a haircut (since I haven’t gotten my hair cut since October!) on the same day as the wedding so that way she could cut and style it for the wedding. This way, I’m getting the most value out of my styling budget for the wedding.
- Makeup. Ok, I don’t know about you but I’m pretty picky about my makeup. I love doing makeup and I know exactly how I like it done. However, when I have special occasions, I enjoy getting it done because they add a look that I normally wouldn’t do. I ended up getting my makeup done at Gene Juarez as well because they had a deal going on that if you bought a product (no price minimum), your service was $25. If I were to go to the MAC counter, I would have to buy a minimum of $60 worth of product to get my makeup done. If I were to buy lipstick or eyelashes for $25 or less at Gene Juarez, I’m saving at least $10. Plus, I really love the gal at Gene Juarez, which is a bonus. However, if you needed to replenish your products at the MAC counter, then going there would be a better value.
- Fancy Outfits. I love dressing up. If I could dress up everyday, I would. But if I did, the people at work may think I’m a little crazy. For this wedding, I decided to save money on clothes and spend it on hair and makeup instead. I have a jumpsuit and a fun, long blue dress that I’ve showcased as a great Fall wedding gown, but wanted to change it up. I decided to lean towards the trendier side and wear a slimming pencil skirt, lace upon lace, and a touch of sparkles. Luckily, I had this in my closet already. Now, if you are wanting to get a new outfit for your next wedding but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, head to Tobi.com. They are my favorite. I got this dress for $30 and it looks like a million bucks. You really don’t have to spend a lot to elevate an outfit to fancy status.
How do you get fancy on a budget?
Shoes: Christian Louboutin • Pants: J.Crew ($10 off now!) • Top: Nordstrom (Only $18!) • Handbag: Celine • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Bracelet: Kate Spade • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great week so far. I feel like this week is flying by. I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. We are getting pumped for the weekend! We have some friends coming over on Friday evening for dinner and then my best friend’s, sister’s wedding on Saturday night and I’m so excited. Plus, our Seahawks are playing the Panthers on Sunday so it’ll be nice to relax and watch some football too!
When I think about the items in my closet that I truly love, I always look at my handbags and my shoes. Not only are they my favorite, but a few of them are definitely my investment pieces. Shoes and handbags can turn a basic, budget friendly style into a gorgeous and classy look. I got this Celine bag for Christmas and have been in love ever since. Now you’re probably thinking, a Celine bag is so expensive, I’m not dropping that kind of money. Trust me…I’m right there with you. However, this handbag isn’t brand new, Trendlee is a one stop shop for lightly used high end designer handbags. Check them out and send your hubby or boyfriend a link to your favorite bag for Valentine’s day. I’m currently loving this oversized Valentino Oversized Pouch.
Photo Cred: My Handsome Hubby
Shoes: Banana Republic (similar style here!) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Nordstrom (only $18!) • Vest: Top Shop • Necklace: Vasiliki Designs • Watch: Michele • Earrings: Kate Spade • Purse: Celine (similar style here!) • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC
Now that I am back to the daily grind, I have to be honest, I have been loving it. I think my personality craves structure so having a routine again is something I’m liking.
Speaking of structure, I have been drawn to this form fitted vest since before the holidays. I ended up getting it as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law and am in love! I wore it to church this past Sunday and it was perfect to dress up a simple top and jeans.
You can find this particular vest at Top Shop. There are a few vests right now (and some are on sale..!) so head over to Nordstrom.com and check them out here.
Hope you enjoy your week!
Shoes: Tory Burch (Similar Tory Burch Style) • Jeans: Rag and Bone • Sweater: J.Crew • Purse: J.Crew • Bracelet: Kate Spade • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Chanel • Lip Liner: Candy Yum-Yum by MAC
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a fantastic New Year with friends and family. Chuck and I went to our friends cabin about an hour and a half away from our house. We have made it a tradition to spend it with them on New Years Eve and I have to say, I look forward to it every year. We have such a great time! The people are awesome, the environment is great (especially this year due to all the snow!) and the time together starts the new year on the right foot.
I don’t know about you, but this is my absolute favorite time of year. Thanksgiving and Christmas are moments where we are all forced to reflect on our lives, our families and friends, and really be grateful. It allows us to learn from the mistakes we’ve made throughout the year, turn our struggles into strengths and move on, and take time to pause and thank the Lord that we are here. The New Year is a time for us to look forward and generate new goals or resolutions for our year ahead. I am currently working on my New Years resolutions, which I will share towards the end of the week so keep your eyes peeled for that.
I took some time off from work these last two weeks to give myself the chance to recharge and rejuvenate. I definitely accomplished that. I am so excited to start work today and I have to be honest, I haven’t felt this enthusiastic in awhile. I’m pretty stoked to hit the ground running once I step foot into the office this morning. I hope my team is ready! I hope you all have been able to reflect this season and make plans for the New Year to create an even better you.
I hope you have a fab week!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We always seem to have a busy holiday season but that is what makes it so special. I love spending time with family and friends. Here is our rundown from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
On Christmas Eve, we went to my father-in-laws house with the family to celebrate Christmas. On Christmas morning, we woke up and opened our stockings for each other (at 6:30AM!) and then went to Chuck’s mom’s house to celebrate Christmas morning with her and my sister/brother-in-law. We had such a great time. We then left my mother-in-laws house and headed to my parents where we celebrate Christmas for a 3rd time. Honestly, I could celebrate it 10 times! We always have such a blast with our family. We eat way too much, drink a little too much, and laugh the entire day, which makes the day so memorable. This Christmas was so special for us. I was honestly super bummed on Saturday, knowing that Christmas 2015 is over. But it just means its time to get recharged, rejuvenated, and excited for the New Year!
Before we make it to the New Year, there’s a very important sale that we all must hit – The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale! It makes me smile just typing it. I have gone through Nordstrom’s site and found some phenomenal deals on great items. Check them out!
Happy Shopping! What are your favorites from the Nordstrom sale?
Shoes: DSW • Tights: Spanx • Dress: Banana Republic (similar one here) • Crop Top: Banana Republic (similar one here) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Bracelet: Kendra Scott • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC • Lipstick: YSL #1
I can’t believe we are only 4 days away from Christmas! This year has truly flown by. Its hard to believe that 2016 is just a little over a week away.
With only a few days until Christmas, there are still holiday parties and dinners on the books to close out the year that sometimes require a last minute outfit selection. I don’t know about you but I love buying new holiday dresses every year. However, when you have multiple parties to hit, it can get expensive. To avoid spending too much on holiday outfits around the holidays, you can pick your favorite dress and favorite top that’s already in your closet, put them together, and just like that, you have a new ensemble.
I put this outfit together for a holiday party last week and I wore everything I already had in my closet. This dress was one I wore last Christmas and instead of wearing it as a dress, I decided to throw on one of my sequin crop tops to give it the skirt look. The only thing I bought were the tights because I needed a new pair.
If you have a holiday party or dinner this week that you don’t want to buy an outfit for, pick one of your favorite dresses that you already have, grab a sweater or crop top and wear it over it. It creates a completely different look and makes you feel like you are wearing a new outfit. Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Merry Christmas!
Enjoy every moment of these last 4 days until Christmas!
one | two | three | four | five | six
There are only 11 days left until Christmas. I don’t know about you, but I’m so excited, I can barely stand it. I’m so ready to cook, bake, and spend time with family and friends. This truly is my favorite time of year. If you know me at all, you know my obsession with Christmas. I basically start watching Christmas movies at least a month or two ahead of time. To me, it is never too early to get in the Christmas spirit!
Now, I am just about done with my Christmas shopping so if you are like me, there may be one or two gifts left that you have to buy. Whether, you need a gift for your mom, your sister, your best friend, or yourself, I have included 6 different gift ideas that are perfect for that special woman, sister, or mother in your life. All of the businesses shown above are local to Seattle and owned by women. Even more of a reason to support them!
- Mere Basics | I love these basic pieces for women because they are cozy and warm without adding bulk to your look. They are all made with cashmere fabric and feel amazing. I have felt these basic pieces and I wish I could have one of each to wear every where. Perfect for the Pacific Northwest!
- Styled Seattle | Do you have friends that have a closet full of clothes but feel like they have nothing to wear? Well, give them a gift of working with an experiences stylist to edit what they currently own and strategically add to fill gaps. Budget Fashionista packages start at $425.
- JujuBeet | Do you have friends who love healthy foods and are always trying to find new healthy eats? Well, give the gift of these organic juice cleanses. The Beginners juice cleanse (juice until dinner) starts at $35. This is a perfect gift to kick off the New Year on the right foot!
- City Sweats | Give a fun, healthy, and relaxing gift that includes a 60 minute massage and an infrared wrap. Gift certificates, memberships, and punch cards are available.
- Gallipot Skincare | Need a few gift ideas under $25, look no further than Gallipot. I have tried the Lavender body whip and it feels absolutely amazing on your skin. It is so dry here in Seattle, so it is great for my hands as they get dry throughout the day. The Lavender body whip retails for $24. You can also get it in the Cocoa Vanilla scent. The entire Gallipot Skin Care collection is vegan, cruelty free, and chemical free.
- Noir Lash Lounge | We all have holiday parties and dinners this season, so feeling our best in the beauty department is a must. A great gift idea or something for yourself, is a set of lashes from Noir Lash Lounge. Lashes are not an added service at this salon, it is their primary service.
Hope you enjoy these gifts ideas! Merry Christmas.
Shoes: DSW • Jeans: Rag and Bone • Top: Zara • Faux Vest: Similar style here • Watch: Michele • Purse: Louis Vuitton • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Ring: David Yurman • Nail Polish: A List by Essie • Earrings: Target • Lipstick: Viva Glam 1 by MAC • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC
We are only 17 days away from Christmas! I am so excited!! I have been listening to Christmas music and wearing red lipstick nonstop. I’ve also been staying bundled up since it has been chilly. Now, it’s cloudy, dark, and dumping rain….not fun! Today at work, it looked like it was 5PM all day it was so dark.
To brighten these rainy days, I’ve been wearing anything soft and cozy. This faux vest has been so perfect. I’ve worn it with jeans and flats to work and I’ve dressed it up with heels like in this post. When I first got this vest, I struggled figuring out what to wear with it but now I love throwing it on with just about anything.
Hope this look inspires you this winter season!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| 6
Happy Cyber Monday! Today, there are so many great sales you won’t want to miss. Nordstrom and Amazon have select styles that are between 20 – 25% off. Below are my favorite items on sale today:
- Jessica Simpson Sequin Dress. This dress would be perfect for a holiday party or New Year’s Eve. Amazon has it on sale for Cyber Monday. Head over to amazon.com if you are interested.
- Michael Kors Coat. Are you looking for a warm, puffy coat during this cold winter? Head over to Nordstrom to get this beautiful coat on sale for 33% off.
- Saint Laurent Clutch. Do you want to splurge while getting a good deal? This clutch is perfect for you! Or a great gift for your best friend, mom, or sister. This clutch is currently 30% off. Head over to Nordstrom to pick one up!
- Vince Camuto Red Long Sleeve Top. This season I have been in love with the color, red. Not just because it’s Christmas time but because every time I go into a clothing store, I am drawn towards red. Head over to Nordstrom to get a great deal on long sleeve shirts like this one!
- Michele ‘Urban Mini Diamond’ Watch. I love Michele watches! Always have and always will. This one is on sale at Nordstrom.com for 50% off. If you have been dying over a Michele watch and can’t bring yourself to pay full price, now is your chance for a great deal!
- Rag-n-Bone Jeans. Jeans are always an expensive item and when you need them, there never seems to be a sale going on. Well, even if you don’t ‘need’ jeans, I would recommend heading over to Nordstrom.com for some great jean brands on sale.
What deals have you found during Cyber Monday?
Photo Cred: My Handsome Hubby
Shoes: Christian Louboutin • Dress: Nordstrom • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: Viva Glam 1 by MAC • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC
The holidays are fast approaching and we all have dinners and parties that deserve a fun and special dress. I don’t know about you but I love polka dots! I love them all year round but they’re even more fun around the holidays.
I’ve had this dress for a few years now and absolutely love it. I’ve worn it to our engagement party, holiday parties, and even to work (throw on some leggings, a chunky belt, and some boots, and it’s work appropriate)! This specific look would be perfect for a holiday party that includes drinks, dancing, and yummy food. It flows, it’s comfortable and easy to wear while you’re breaking it down on the dance floor, and can be dressed up with a statement bracelet like I did, or a statement necklace. Your choice! I also paired it with some fun, pop of red, heels to show off my favorite holiday color.
What are you going to wear to your favorite holiday party of the season?