Shoes: Tory Burch (old! Similar style here) • Dress: Aritzia • Vest: Cupcakes & Cashmere (old! Similar style here) • Watch: Michele • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Cuff: David Yurman • Necklace: Gjenmi • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Nars • Handbag: Celine (Celine dupe)
Shoes: Christian Louboutin • Skirt: Nordstrom • Top: Banana Republic • Necklace: Gjenmi • Earrings: J.Crew • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Gold Cuff: Stella and Dot • Handbag: Celine (similar style here)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (currently 30% off @ DSW) • Jeans: Blank NYC • Top: Nordstrom (only $18!) • Vest: Boohoo.com (only $28! and ships for just $3!) • Earrings: T&J Designs • Watch: Michele • Handbag: Celine (dupe style here) • Lipstick: YSL #1
I love dressing up! I am always so excited to start getting ready super early, take my time, and dress up for a night out with my hubby. Since this past weekend was Valentine’s day, we scheduled a fun date night out. I decided to wear this fun outfit with accents of red to stay in theme with Valentine’s day!
I recently got these jeans at Nordy’s and finally broke them out. They are seriously my favorite. I’ve been wearing them all weekend. They are super comfortable and I love the distressed denim look throughout. Plus, they are only $88 vs the regular $200 price tag on other designer jeans. I paired them with a simple white top and this long vest (that was only $28!). I found this adorable, most comfortable coat I’ve ever worn, online at boohoo.com. The brand is out of the UK and has a large selection of clothes at great prices. Their shipping costs are only $3.99 too, which is always a plus. Lastly, let’s talk about these shoes. I don’t have red heels so when I saw these suede numbers at 30% off, I had to get a better look. They go perfect with jeans and a tee or dressed up with a skirt or dress. Head to DSW for tons of shoe sales!
What did you wear on your Valentine’s date night?
President’s Day sales are always so great because they fall right in the middle of late winter/early spring, which makes it a perfect time to purchase a few items to add to your spring wardrobe. I’ve picked sale items from Nordstrom but there are several stores with sales today. You can find a list of them below. I’ve also gone through each of my sale items and discussed why I chose them. Take a look!
- Ruffles & Lace | This top is so darling. I love the lace and ruffles on the sleeves. This will pair perfectly with skinny distressed denim, colorful capris, or a pencil skirt (if you need to dress it up!).
- Scalloped Cami | Cami’s during spring are a necessity. Here in Seattle, we always have to layer because the weather can change at the blink of an eye. This top would look great underneath a bright sweater and adds texture with the scalloped look at the bottom.
- Red Dress | I saw this dress and had to have it. It’s simple, bright red, and can be worn 100 ways. How fun would it look with a pair of converse and your jean jacket? Or with a pair of floral heels and a statement necklace? Both outfits would look great and span from casual to dressy.
- The Daniel Wellington | I’ve seen this watch on so many people and I have to say, I love it. It’s simple, neutral, and has a large, boyfriend look, which I love. There are two styles on sale right now for $99 and $85. Great price for a great statement watch!
- Fringe, Fringe Fringe | I don’t know about you, but I have been loving fringe. Especially on handbags and accessories. This purse is (a) bold, (b) has that bucket bag look (which I love for spring!), and (c) can be worn multiple ways.
- Blush Hat | Blush is such a gorgeous color and goes with just about every outfit. You could wear this hat in the spring, summer, fall, or winter. All year! If you’re looking for a hat like this, head to Nordstrom. They have quite a few on sale in all colors.
- Floral Heels | I love shoes, especially shoes with fun designs like this one. To me, these could be worn year round as well (just like the hat above!). The floral print is perfect for spring time and can be paired with dresses, skinny jeans, or even shorts. The black undertone makes it a perfect shoe for every season.
- Simple Bracelet | This rockstud, blush bracelet is adorable. When I saw it, I thought it was so sweet, can be paired with your watch or other bangle bracelets.
- Distressed Denim | I love these pants! I have a pair of Blank NYC ripped denim and I’ve been wearing all weekend. They are super comfortable and have a perfect distressed look. These are on sale now, so head over to Nordstrom.com and add them to your cart!
- Delicate Rings | When I think about Spring, the few words that come to mind are – soft, delicate, blush, sweet, and (on the contrary) bold – and that’s why I’ve picked many of the items above. These rings are another example. I don’t have any delicate and dainty rings like this, but they can add a simple accessory to your hand. If you are not a jewelry person, these rings would be a great start.
Here are other sales going on today. If you have the day off, you may want to hit the mall!
Macy’s | 20-50% off
J.Crew | $25 off $125; $75 off $250; and $175 off $500. In Stores and Online. Use code GETSHOPPING
Banana Republic | Extra 40% off Sale Items
Saks Fifth Avenue | Last Day Final Sale – Up to 75% off In Stores and Online.
Nieman Marcus | Up to 70% off Women’s Cashmere
Ann Taylor | 30% off all new styles + Up to 50% off all sale items. In Stores and Online. Use code LOVE
Valentine’s Day is only 2 days away and as I’ve mentioned before, it’s one of my favorite holidays, because it’s an excuse to get dressed up with your love.
If you are still trying to figure out what you plan to wear for your date night with your special someone, I’ve picked out two fun outfits that you can either splurge or save on.
Splurge Outfit | I saw this floral dress in Nordy’s catalog and I’ve been eyeing it ever since. It’s an absolutely perfect dress to celebrate Valentine’s day in. I love the texture, the pattern, and the back. You definitely gotta check out the back!
In case you didn’t know, I am a sucker for shoes, handbags, and accessories. Sorry Chuck! (poor hubby). And I’m talking expensive shoes, handbags, and accessories. First, can we talk about this gorgeous, blush pink Chloe handbag. I’m dying! I absolutely love it. It’s the perfect blush color, is a perfect accessory year round, and matches my favorite Valentino heels I’m showcasing as well.
To top this outfit off, we have to add a statement piece of jewelry. My favorite piece to add to a feminine outfit is a gorgeous Michele watch like this one. The glitz, glam, and size adds a bold element to this sweet, soft look. Add a few bangle bracelets and your set. Head to Nordstrom if you want this outfit for your weekend!
Save Outfit | Now, let’s be real. Who can afford to buy a Chloe handbag, Valentino heels, and a Michele watch all at once. Well…not me! (I wish!) However, we can put together a rich look on a budget.
This baby doll dress is only $58 and is adorable. It’s the perfect blush color for Valentine’s day and can be paired with a simple, winter white blazer or shawl when it get’s chilly at night. Pair it with delicate jewelry like this $15 bangle bracelet and $18 ‘love’ necklace that fits the look of this dress perfectly.
Lastly, I added less expensive shoes and a handbag to pop some red into this soft, blush dress. This red Rebecca Minkoff clutch is under $100 and can be worn year-round. Same with these patent red heels. They are the perfect red, match this clutch, and can be paired together at Christmas time too. Double duty!
Head to Nordstrom and T & J Designs for this look.
As we head into the weekend, I hope you all have a great Valentine’s day with your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriends, or someone new.
Happy Valentine’s Day all!
I love people that wear their heart on their sleeve. They aren’t afraid to openly express their emotions. Definitely my kind of people. Naturally, when I saw this sweatshirt, I had to have it. I have been looking at it for about a year and never actually bought it. It was either sold out or I wasn’t ready to drop $60 for a sweatshirt. But, I finally did and I love it! Plus, it’s perfect timing for Valentine’s Day.
Ily Couture does a great job of producing high quality clothing. This sweatshirt is thick and super soft. Just perfect! Worth the price and super cute. Honestly, I may just wear it to work on Friday (it’s that cute!). You can easily dress it up with a pair of ripped denim and some fun heels – automatically work appropriate.
If you are planning on getting some fun gifts for your Valentine’s Day, head over to Ily Couture. They have some adorable gift ideas for your favorite ladies.
You can find a few of my favorites below.
Enjoy! xo Lauren
Shoes: DSW • Tights: Nieman Marcus • Skirt: Ann Taylor (On sale for $20!) • Top: Nordstrom (Only $18!) • Coat: Nordstrom (40% off) • Necklace: Madewell (similar styles here) • Earrings: Kate Spade • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Bracelet: Kate Spade • Lipstick: Chanel
Valentine’s Day is only a few weeks away! Can you believe it? January has flown by and has seriously been one of the busiest months ever. I really need to revisit my New Years resolutions, especially the one about not overbooking myself.
But really, I get super excited for Valentine’s day because it’s an excuse to have a date night and dress up! Usually Chuck and I make a nice dinner at home on Valentine’s and enjoy a night in. However, this year Chuck booked a reservation for us at El Gaucho. Woot woot! I’m not gonna lie, I’m stoked! Now, I haven’t picked my outfit yet but this one is top on my list.
I paired a winter white skirt with a simple black, long sleeve shirt. Added polka dot details and a splash of blush to soften the look. This would be perfect on Valentine’s Day! It’s comfortable and incorporates the primary colors of the season – pink! Add a red lip and you’re good to go!
What are you planning on wear for Valentine’s Day?