Shoes: Christian Louboutin • Skirt: Nordstrom • Top: Banana Republic • Necklace: Gjenmi • Earrings: J.Crew • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Gold Cuff: Stella and Dot • Handbag: Celine (similar style here)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (currently 30% off @ DSW) • Jeans: Blank NYC • Top: Nordstrom (only $18!) • Vest: Boohoo.com (only $28! and ships for just $3!) • Earrings: T&J Designs • Watch: Michele • Handbag: Celine (dupe style here) • Lipstick: YSL #1
I love dressing up! I am always so excited to start getting ready super early, take my time, and dress up for a night out with my hubby. Since this past weekend was Valentine’s day, we scheduled a fun date night out. I decided to wear this fun outfit with accents of red to stay in theme with Valentine’s day!
I recently got these jeans at Nordy’s and finally broke them out. They are seriously my favorite. I’ve been wearing them all weekend. They are super comfortable and I love the distressed denim look throughout. Plus, they are only $88 vs the regular $200 price tag on other designer jeans. I paired them with a simple white top and this long vest (that was only $28!). I found this adorable, most comfortable coat I’ve ever worn, online at boohoo.com. The brand is out of the UK and has a large selection of clothes at great prices. Their shipping costs are only $3.99 too, which is always a plus. Lastly, let’s talk about these shoes. I don’t have red heels so when I saw these suede numbers at 30% off, I had to get a better look. They go perfect with jeans and a tee or dressed up with a skirt or dress. Head to DSW for tons of shoe sales!
What did you wear on your Valentine’s date night?
President’s Day sales are always so great because they fall right in the middle of late winter/early spring, which makes it a perfect time to purchase a few items to add to your spring wardrobe. I’ve picked sale items from Nordstrom but there are several stores with sales today. You can find a list of them below. I’ve also gone through each of my sale items and discussed why I chose them. Take a look!
- Ruffles & Lace | This top is so darling. I love the lace and ruffles on the sleeves. This will pair perfectly with skinny distressed denim, colorful capris, or a pencil skirt (if you need to dress it up!).
- Scalloped Cami | Cami’s during spring are a necessity. Here in Seattle, we always have to layer because the weather can change at the blink of an eye. This top would look great underneath a bright sweater and adds texture with the scalloped look at the bottom.
- Red Dress | I saw this dress and had to have it. It’s simple, bright red, and can be worn 100 ways. How fun would it look with a pair of converse and your jean jacket? Or with a pair of floral heels and a statement necklace? Both outfits would look great and span from casual to dressy.
- The Daniel Wellington | I’ve seen this watch on so many people and I have to say, I love it. It’s simple, neutral, and has a large, boyfriend look, which I love. There are two styles on sale right now for $99 and $85. Great price for a great statement watch!
- Fringe, Fringe Fringe | I don’t know about you, but I have been loving fringe. Especially on handbags and accessories. This purse is (a) bold, (b) has that bucket bag look (which I love for spring!), and (c) can be worn multiple ways.
- Blush Hat | Blush is such a gorgeous color and goes with just about every outfit. You could wear this hat in the spring, summer, fall, or winter. All year! If you’re looking for a hat like this, head to Nordstrom. They have quite a few on sale in all colors.
- Floral Heels | I love shoes, especially shoes with fun designs like this one. To me, these could be worn year round as well (just like the hat above!). The floral print is perfect for spring time and can be paired with dresses, skinny jeans, or even shorts. The black undertone makes it a perfect shoe for every season.
- Simple Bracelet | This rockstud, blush bracelet is adorable. When I saw it, I thought it was so sweet, can be paired with your watch or other bangle bracelets.
- Distressed Denim | I love these pants! I have a pair of Blank NYC ripped denim and I’ve been wearing all weekend. They are super comfortable and have a perfect distressed look. These are on sale now, so head over to Nordstrom.com and add them to your cart!
- Delicate Rings | When I think about Spring, the few words that come to mind are – soft, delicate, blush, sweet, and (on the contrary) bold – and that’s why I’ve picked many of the items above. These rings are another example. I don’t have any delicate and dainty rings like this, but they can add a simple accessory to your hand. If you are not a jewelry person, these rings would be a great start.
Here are other sales going on today. If you have the day off, you may want to hit the mall!
Macy’s | 20-50% off
J.Crew | $25 off $125; $75 off $250; and $175 off $500. In Stores and Online. Use code GETSHOPPING
Banana Republic | Extra 40% off Sale Items
Saks Fifth Avenue | Last Day Final Sale – Up to 75% off In Stores and Online.
Nieman Marcus | Up to 70% off Women’s Cashmere
Ann Taylor | 30% off all new styles + Up to 50% off all sale items. In Stores and Online. Use code LOVE
Valentine’s Day is only 2 days away and as I’ve mentioned before, it’s one of my favorite holidays, because it’s an excuse to get dressed up with your love.
If you are still trying to figure out what you plan to wear for your date night with your special someone, I’ve picked out two fun outfits that you can either splurge or save on.
Splurge Outfit | I saw this floral dress in Nordy’s catalog and I’ve been eyeing it ever since. It’s an absolutely perfect dress to celebrate Valentine’s day in. I love the texture, the pattern, and the back. You definitely gotta check out the back!
In case you didn’t know, I am a sucker for shoes, handbags, and accessories. Sorry Chuck! (poor hubby). And I’m talking expensive shoes, handbags, and accessories. First, can we talk about this gorgeous, blush pink Chloe handbag. I’m dying! I absolutely love it. It’s the perfect blush color, is a perfect accessory year round, and matches my favorite Valentino heels I’m showcasing as well.
To top this outfit off, we have to add a statement piece of jewelry. My favorite piece to add to a feminine outfit is a gorgeous Michele watch like this one. The glitz, glam, and size adds a bold element to this sweet, soft look. Add a few bangle bracelets and your set. Head to Nordstrom if you want this outfit for your weekend!
Save Outfit | Now, let’s be real. Who can afford to buy a Chloe handbag, Valentino heels, and a Michele watch all at once. Well…not me! (I wish!) However, we can put together a rich look on a budget.
This baby doll dress is only $58 and is adorable. It’s the perfect blush color for Valentine’s day and can be paired with a simple, winter white blazer or shawl when it get’s chilly at night. Pair it with delicate jewelry like this $15 bangle bracelet and $18 ‘love’ necklace that fits the look of this dress perfectly.
Lastly, I added less expensive shoes and a handbag to pop some red into this soft, blush dress. This red Rebecca Minkoff clutch is under $100 and can be worn year-round. Same with these patent red heels. They are the perfect red, match this clutch, and can be paired together at Christmas time too. Double duty!
Head to Nordstrom and T & J Designs for this look.
As we head into the weekend, I hope you all have a great Valentine’s day with your hubby, boyfriend, girlfriends, or someone new.
Happy Valentine’s Day all!
I love people that wear their heart on their sleeve. They aren’t afraid to openly express their emotions. Definitely my kind of people. Naturally, when I saw this sweatshirt, I had to have it. I have been looking at it for about a year and never actually bought it. It was either sold out or I wasn’t ready to drop $60 for a sweatshirt. But, I finally did and I love it! Plus, it’s perfect timing for Valentine’s Day.
Ily Couture does a great job of producing high quality clothing. This sweatshirt is thick and super soft. Just perfect! Worth the price and super cute. Honestly, I may just wear it to work on Friday (it’s that cute!). You can easily dress it up with a pair of ripped denim and some fun heels – automatically work appropriate.
If you are planning on getting some fun gifts for your Valentine’s Day, head over to Ily Couture. They have some adorable gift ideas for your favorite ladies.
You can find a few of my favorites below.
Enjoy! xo Lauren
Shoes: DSW • Tights: Nieman Marcus • Skirt: Ann Taylor (On sale for $20!) • Top: Nordstrom (Only $18!) • Coat: Nordstrom (40% off) • Necklace: Madewell (similar styles here) • Earrings: Kate Spade • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Bracelet: Kate Spade • Lipstick: Chanel
Valentine’s Day is only a few weeks away! Can you believe it? January has flown by and has seriously been one of the busiest months ever. I really need to revisit my New Years resolutions, especially the one about not overbooking myself.
But really, I get super excited for Valentine’s day because it’s an excuse to have a date night and dress up! Usually Chuck and I make a nice dinner at home on Valentine’s and enjoy a night in. However, this year Chuck booked a reservation for us at El Gaucho. Woot woot! I’m not gonna lie, I’m stoked! Now, I haven’t picked my outfit yet but this one is top on my list.
I paired a winter white skirt with a simple black, long sleeve shirt. Added polka dot details and a splash of blush to soften the look. This would be perfect on Valentine’s Day! It’s comfortable and incorporates the primary colors of the season – pink! Add a red lip and you’re good to go!
What are you planning on wear for Valentine’s Day?
Photo Cred: My Handsome Hubby
Shoes: Jimmy Choo • Skirt: Banana Republic (On sale for $29.99!) • Top: Macy’s (similar style here!) • Watch: Michele • Earrings: Ann Taylor • Clutch: A Gift (similar style here!) • Ring: David Yurman • Makeup/Hair: Gene Juarez
Chuck and I went to my best friend’s, sister’s wedding this past weekend. She is basically our sister too so we have been looking forward to it for awhile now. It was held at this super cute location in Capital Hill downtown, called Melrose Market. It had brick everywhere you turned, an eclectic vibe, and beautiful lights and candles all around. It was absolutely perfect.
The dress code was fancy. I love fancy. Normally, I always try to get something new to wear to weddings since it’s such a special occasion. However, this time around, I didn’t because I had an outfit in mind that I already had in my closet. FYI, I’m trying to buy less and wear more of what I already have.
Here’s how I stayed on budget for this particular wedding:
- Value Styling. I really wanted to get my hair and makeup done so I looked my best for my girl. But I know that getting my hair blown out or styled would be at least $50 with tip. Instead, I decided to schedule a haircut (since I haven’t gotten my hair cut since October!) on the same day as the wedding so that way she could cut and style it for the wedding. This way, I’m getting the most value out of my styling budget for the wedding.
- Makeup. Ok, I don’t know about you but I’m pretty picky about my makeup. I love doing makeup and I know exactly how I like it done. However, when I have special occasions, I enjoy getting it done because they add a look that I normally wouldn’t do. I ended up getting my makeup done at Gene Juarez as well because they had a deal going on that if you bought a product (no price minimum), your service was $25. If I were to go to the MAC counter, I would have to buy a minimum of $60 worth of product to get my makeup done. If I were to buy lipstick or eyelashes for $25 or less at Gene Juarez, I’m saving at least $10. Plus, I really love the gal at Gene Juarez, which is a bonus. However, if you needed to replenish your products at the MAC counter, then going there would be a better value.
- Fancy Outfits. I love dressing up. If I could dress up everyday, I would. But if I did, the people at work may think I’m a little crazy. For this wedding, I decided to save money on clothes and spend it on hair and makeup instead. I have a jumpsuit and a fun, long blue dress that I’ve showcased as a great Fall wedding gown, but wanted to change it up. I decided to lean towards the trendier side and wear a slimming pencil skirt, lace upon lace, and a touch of sparkles. Luckily, I had this in my closet already. Now, if you are wanting to get a new outfit for your next wedding but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg, head to Tobi.com. They are my favorite. I got this dress for $30 and it looks like a million bucks. You really don’t have to spend a lot to elevate an outfit to fancy status.
How do you get fancy on a budget?
Shoes: Christian Louboutin • Pants: J.Crew ($10 off now!) • Top: Nordstrom (Only $18!) • Handbag: Celine • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Bracelet: Kate Spade • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great week so far. I feel like this week is flying by. I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday. We are getting pumped for the weekend! We have some friends coming over on Friday evening for dinner and then my best friend’s, sister’s wedding on Saturday night and I’m so excited. Plus, our Seahawks are playing the Panthers on Sunday so it’ll be nice to relax and watch some football too!
When I think about the items in my closet that I truly love, I always look at my handbags and my shoes. Not only are they my favorite, but a few of them are definitely my investment pieces. Shoes and handbags can turn a basic, budget friendly style into a gorgeous and classy look. I got this Celine bag for Christmas and have been in love ever since. Now you’re probably thinking, a Celine bag is so expensive, I’m not dropping that kind of money. Trust me…I’m right there with you. However, this handbag isn’t brand new, Trendlee is a one stop shop for lightly used high end designer handbags. Check them out and send your hubby or boyfriend a link to your favorite bag for Valentine’s day. I’m currently loving this oversized Valentino Oversized Pouch.
Photo Cred: My Handsome Hubby
Shoes: Banana Republic (similar style here!) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Nordstrom (only $18!) • Vest: Top Shop • Necklace: Vasiliki Designs • Watch: Michele • Earrings: Kate Spade • Purse: Celine (similar style here!) • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC
Now that I am back to the daily grind, I have to be honest, I have been loving it. I think my personality craves structure so having a routine again is something I’m liking.
Speaking of structure, I have been drawn to this form fitted vest since before the holidays. I ended up getting it as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law and am in love! I wore it to church this past Sunday and it was perfect to dress up a simple top and jeans.
You can find this particular vest at Top Shop. There are a few vests right now (and some are on sale..!) so head over to Nordstrom.com and check them out here.
Hope you enjoy your week!