Shoes: Tory Burch • Dress: Nasty Gal (On sale for $25!) • Earrings: Nordstrom • Sunnies: Tory Burch • Bracelets: J.Crew • Handbag: Clare V. • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Brave by MAC
Ok, let me break it down for you – It’s summer, it’s hot, and dress season is in full swing! When it’s super hot out, I love wearing dresses because they are flowy and easy to stay cool in. This dress is <insert heaven hands> so perfect for summer.
Below I’ve listed my Top 3 reasons you must-have this dress for your summer months:
- Perfect for any Occasion. This dress can easily be dressed up for a wedding or worn casually to a bridal shower or lunch with girlfriends. The ruffle detail really adds personality to this dress and is the statement of this look. No need to add a ton of accessories – the ruffles do it. I loved pairing this dress with a leopard print so it adds a pop of pattern. I also could see this dress paired with some scrappy sandals with a heel to dress it up and add an elongated/fancy look.
- The Price. Gals, this dress is originally $50 but is ON SALE for $25!! I repeat, $25! And the material is not cheap material – it’s a thicker fabric that will definitely last, so be sure to snag yours now at Nastygal.com.
- Fits any Body Type. Whether you are tall, this will show off some leg without being too short- or petite (like me), it can be worn as a more formal look since it falls beyond the knees. It lays off the shoulder with an elastic fabric so can easily be worn higher or lower on someone’s shoulders, given their height.
How would you wear this dress?
Shoes: Tory Burch • Denim: Rag and Bone • Top: William RAST (On Sale for $39.99!) • Handbag: Valentino • Earrings: Stella and Dot (On Sale for $39.20!) • Sunnies: Celine (Similar style here) • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman
Summer has finally hit Seattle and it is absolutely gorgeous. If you haven’t visited Seattle before, I highly recommend coming between June and October. They are (usually!) the warmest, most beautiful months here in the PNW. When it comes to summers in Seattle, the temps are typically between 75-85 degrees but there are days when it can drop to 65-70 degrees – not too hot, not too cold.
When it’s a bit cooler than in the 80’s, us Seattleites need some layers. This look is perfect for those summer days when the sun is out but the temps are lower than the norm. I love these rag and bone jeans because they fit super well, I didn’t have the get them hemmed, and the color never seems to fade like other denim. I paired them with this ‘triple tie top’. Ya’ll, I’m in LOVE with this top. It’s a thick linen fabric and ties on the sleeves and at the bottom of the top. The back lays a bit longer which I love because the shirt never rides up. You may be wondering, what is this brand, William RAST? Well, I found it at Macy’s and it’s a brand by Justin Timberlake – when I found that out, I was like, SOLD! Definitely check this brand out.
I paired this look with my Tory Burch sandals (that I’ve had for 3 summers now – they are so great!) which are super comfortable and easy to walk around in. If you are wine tasting, walking around town, or grabbing lunch with your girlfriends, these sandals are perfect to pair with a casual look.
What is your favorite casual look for summer?
SUEDE IS IN!
Shoes: Dolce Vida (only $99.90!) • Jeans: Rag and Bone • Top: Banana Republic • Jacket: Zara • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here) • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Brave by MAC
I’m dying over this jacket. I’ve seen so many suede jackets this spring but when I saw this one – in this perfect pink color – I had to get it. As a petite gal, it’s hard to wear bulky clothes and look sleek. Bulky and sleek just don’t go together! So when I think about suede, I think heavy, baggier and not fitting – which is hard for us petite gals. This suede jacket is shorter than your typical jacket, the sleeve length fits perfect, and as I mentioned, the color got me hooked!
Now, I know not all suede items look great on my ladies who are under 5’2 – Good News my fellow petite gals – I have figured out how to pull off suede in the spring and not feel like you’re wearing a baggy outfit. Below, I’m sharing 4 different ways to wear suede this spring:
- Dresses. There are so many darling suede dresses – this one is a great one and under $40! As a petite gal, you could wear this dress by itself and some cute pumps or wedges and you’re set. If it feels too baggy, grab your black or beige belt, tie it around your waist, and you’ll accentuate your silhouette.
- Shoes. Suede booties and pumps are IN! I’m loving the suede pumps because they are perfect for work or a night out with your man. Here are a pair of Sam Edelman that are super cute. The booties are also a great shoe addition for everyday wear. The black suede looks very rich and can be dressed up for work or a girls night. A beige suede bootie would be perfect for a casual Saturday running errands and grabbing lunch with your girlfriends.
- Skirts. I love skirts! As a petite woman, being able to tuck your shirt into a skirt cinch’s your waist and is very flattering. When you think about a suede skirt, you don’t have to worry about it being too baggy because you can fix that with your top. This skirt would be perfect to wear when you’re presenting to your boss and then worn to happy hour with your girlfriends (and it’s under $50!).
- Accessories. If you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you know I have a handbag obsession. I love just them – all shapes, all sizes, and all colors – I just love handbags. It’s my thing! Suede may not be your thing all the time – and that’s ok – but if you’re wanting to add a pop of color to your outfit, accessories can accomplish that for you. Specifically, a handbag! Here is an example of chartreuse, suede handbag that would brighten up a spring outfit in 2 seconds. If you’re looking for a stronger look without diving into it – a suede accessory will do the trick.
How have you worn suede this Spring?
Shoes: Jimmy Choo • Pants: Ann Taylor (Old! Similar style here) • Top: Anthropologie (Old! Similar style here) • Handbag: Givenchy (Similar style here – Only $69.95!) • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Lip Liner: Vino by MAC • Lipstick: Rebel by MAC
I love a pair of white pants more than I love jeans and other denim. White has a sense of fancy and style without trying. However, I know what you may be thinking, ‘There is no way I’m wearing white! I will have a stain on those babies in 2 mins.’ Well, I get it and used to feel the same way until I owned these.
Today, I’m going to break your fear of wearing white so you’ll want to jet over to the mall and grab a pair yourself.
- When to Wear White. First off, there is a difference between white denim and a white pair of slacks. I’m going to focus on the slacks but if you’re interested, you can find out how to pick the right white denim for you here. Ok – so here’s the deal: These pants can be worn professionally or out on the town with your man or your girls. They are definitely a bit fancier so not super conducive for a Saturday running errands 😉 They are the statement piece – between the leg width, the belt detail, and the color – they will make your outfit shine. Which is kind of funny, because typically when you think ‘statement’ piece, you think bright colors and shiny accessories (am I right?!).
- Tide To-Go is Your BFF. I know one fear many of you may have is, ‘How do you avoid stains?’. First off, pants don’t manage to stain (for me!) as much as tops do so hopefully you won’t have too many issues with pants. However, my one tip for wearing white is: Tide to-go. I always toss a Tide to-go stick in my handbag when I wear my white pants. That way, if you accidentally spill your food on your lap (I’m totally guilty of that!) then you can run to the bathroom and get the stain out instantly instead of waiting till you bring them to the cleaners.
- What to Pair White With. The beauty of white is you can wear it with just about anything, any color, any pattern, etc. If you were to wear these pants to work, I would recommend sticking to the neutral color palette so it remains a professional look – a black blazer with white pants and your black or nude pumps would be perfect for a day with loads of meetings and/or a big presentation. Grab one of your fun clutches (to spice up the look!) and you’re on your way. Now, if you plan to wear these pants out for a girls night or a date night – then you can explore several more options. Colorful tops, textured patterns, i.e. lace, statement accessories, and fun shoes can all be worn with these pants to make them even dressier. You’ll be the best dressed for your evening out!
I hope this has helped you face your fears of wearing white. Honestly, my motto is – they are just clothes. You can get them dry-cleaned (worst case!) so wear them and enjoy them!
Shoes: Steve Madden (Only $39.90!) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Zara (old! Similar style here) • Watch: Daniel Wellington • Earrings: Kate Spade
This past weekend, Chuck and I were super productive. We did yard work (before it rained!), managed to finish all the laundry (that definitely gets a thumbs up!), and I was able to organize my sections of the closet. I literally haven’t gone through my closet in forever – I can’t even remember the last time I did.
When I cleaned my closet out, I felt so satisfied and purged – almost a bit free. My closet was getting too jam packed with clothes and I was getting frustrated because I couldn’t see everything. Do you ever feel like that? I really wanted to purge and determine what classic items I really needed to add to my wardrobe. I’m sort of over the – lots of inexpensive clothes so you have a ton of options ordeal. I’m starting to shift my wardrobe mindset to be more thoughtful in what I buy vs. fast/impulsive – identify what I need that can be worn in multiple styles vs. what I want in that moment.
I wanted to share my 4 tips for organizing your closet so if you are in the mood to spring clean, you can be productive and efficient in your organizing. Shall we begin?
- Clear Out Your Closet. Everything must be taken out of your closet. Just grab as many items of clothing you can carry and lay them on your bed. This allows you to go through every single item and determine where you want to place them back in your closet.
- Save, Toss, or Give. Once all of your clothes are on your bed or floor or wherever you can place them all, start going through every time – 1 by 1. If you have items that are torn or not in good condition, throw them in your toss pile – these are the items you will most likely not even give to goodwill. Now, for those items that you are torn between saving or giving away – I have a rule. If you don’t look at the item and like it within the first 5 seconds, you’ll never wear it. So then you can decide whether you want to save it or give it to goodwill. Now, there also might be some items that are in really good condition that you may want to sell – do it! Set those pieces aside and pick your method for selling clothing, i.e. consignment shop, thredUP, or Buffalo Exchange. I’ve heard great things about all of these options so take your pick.
- Sort, Sort, Sort. Ok, once you have your separate piles of clothes, start with your save pile and begin placing your pieces back into your closet. I typically sort my clothes by type and then color. For example, since it’s spring, I placed my sweaters towards the back of the closet since I won’t be needing them. Once I have them placed in my closet, I rearrange and organize them by color. Start doing this for all of your different types of clothes.
- Clean Up. Once you’ve organized all of your clothes back into your closet, it’s time to finish organize the other two piles of clothes. For the clothes I give to goodwill – I usually fold my clothes up and place them in a big Nordstrom bag or a garbage bag. For the clothes I sell – I usually place them in a big Nordstrom bag so I can easily pull them out at the consignment shop. If you use thredUp, they will send you a bag that you will send the clothes in so you will be set.
I hope this helps guide you through organizing your closet this Spring!
I spy a really cute photobomber!
Shoes: Steve Madden (On sale for $39.90!) • Jumpsuit: Old! (Similar style here!) • Sweater: Old! (Similar style here!) • Clutch: Old! (Similar style here!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: YSL Le Rouge • Lip Liner: Kiss Me Quick by MAC • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman
This past weekend, Seattle was blessed with one, not two, but one absolutely beautiful spring day – and that day was Friday! Luckily my manager told us to get out of the office in the afternoon so we could actually enjoy this one day worth of pure bliss. But it was stunning – the sky didn’t have a cloud in sight, the birds were chirping, and the bees were out! When the bees are out, it means its a nice day! 😉
Then Saturday and Sunday rolled around and it was back to…wait for it…rain! And more rain. Apparently Seattle broke a record for the most days of rain in a row – a whopping 122 days! Vitamin D deficiency much? Holy smokes – why?? I just don’t understand. But with the final days of winter still around, there has to be a way to brighten your look – and I’ve got the trick.
Florals for Spring, groundbreaking.
We’ve all heard this line. But shockingly enough – florals didn’t make the Top 6 Spring trends this year. However, pink did. And when there’s florals, there’s pink. Pink was huge during NYFW and Paris Fashion week. On these days when winter wants to hang (but we’re like Mean Girls and say, ‘You can’t sit with us!’), throw on your black jumpsuit and add a pop of floral to freshen your look. I love floral sweaters because you can easily dress up a neutral outfit with it. I linked an adorable floral top from TopShop because mine is super old. I also love the floral print sandals/heels. They can add color and a fresh look to any neutral outfit.
How do you wear your florals for Spring?
Meet my sweet nephew, Nixon, and gorgeous mama!
Shoes: Michael Kors • Dress: Eliza J from Nordstrom • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Earrings: T&J Designs • Clutch: Francesca’s (old! Similar style here) • Lipstick: Chanel
I have eyed this dress for about a year now! You’re probably thinking, has this dress actually been available for a year? Well, no. But, last Spring, Eliza J had this exact same, 2 piece dress with the same lattice work design but was in a light pink color. It was so gorgeous! But, I didn’t have it in the budget to purchase when it came out so I thought, I’ll just wait a few weeks and go pick it up. Well, a few weeks came and went and when I went to Nordy’s to pick it up, there was no size 0 in the entire company :/ I was so bummed!
So when I saw this baby a few months ago, I literally got up that Saturday and went straight to Nordstrom to pick it up. And it fit so perfectly! What I love about this 2 piece is it’s very comfortable, classy (it doesn’t show your midriff even though the top is a crop), and the skirt has pockets. I mean, how much more comfortable can you get?
Beyond the fit, here’s the real beauty of this dress – you can wear it to 3 different occasions, 3 different ways, aka. no outfit repeat! Below I’ve captured the 3 outfits and occasions you can wear this to:
- Girls Night | Crop Top with Denim. Ok – summer is on it’s way (at least I hope! This whole rain situation needs to end). But once summer does arrive, girls nights on the patio is a must. And when preparing for your girls night, you got to prepare your outfit. I would recommend taking this crop top and pairing it with denim shorts or skinnies and some heels. This way, the top is still the statement but also dresses up a simple denim look – which is perfect for a night with your girls!
- Spring/Summer Wedding | The Full Dress. With weddings filling up our calendars for the spring/summer, it’s always fun to pick out a new dress to wear. But first, we have to make sure it’s not white – check! This two piece number would be perfect for attending a wedding in. It’s baby blue, so won’t clash with the bride 😉 and is easy to wear when the suns shining on you. I’d definitely recommend a comfortable dress like this for an upcoming wedding – plus, when you hit the dance floor, you can twirl that skirt around like nobody’s business!
- Dinner Party or BBQ | Add a Graphic Tee. Once the sun is constantly shining, we tend to want to entertain more because we can BBQ and be outside in the sunshine. Plus, our friends like to do the same, so the summer’s are filled with Saturday night parties/BBQs. I would recommend pairing this skirt with a fun, graphic tee (like this one I showcased a few weeks ago!). It dresses down the skirt while still allowing it to be the statement. I would then add a pair of fun sandals (flats or heels) and call it a day. Super easy to put together and will be easy to wear to someone’s house.
Hope you love this dress as much as I do and get as great use out of it!
Shoes: Tory Burch • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: BCBG (Old! Similar style here!) • Earrings: J.Crew • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Chanel • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here!)
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great Easter weekend. We ended up going on a date night on Saturday night and I wore this outfit. Once Spring hits, I wear white pants all.the.time! I love that they go with anything and can be worn with any color you pair it with! (insert Heaven hands!) These skinny ones fit us, petite gals, really well – quick side note: Banana Republic has, hands down, the best petite, white denim. Don’t walk – run to the nearest Banana Republic and get yourself a pair (I didn’t even have to hem these!).
OK, back to this outfit – I paired this flowy, white top with my white denim to keep the outfit neutral and used my heels to add a pop of color to the look. Not only can you use shoes, you can pretty much use any accessory you own to add color to your outfit. For example, wear a neutral shoe with this outfit and add a bold, red lip and we’re in business. Or, add a colorful statement necklace to enhance your look. Don’t be afraid of your accessories. Bring them out with any neutral outfit to sass it up!
What do you like to wear to add color to your look?
Shoes: Tory Burch • Black Denim: Birdee Clothing • Top: Birdee Clothing • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here) • Earrings: Old, Similar style here • Sunnies: Celine, Similar style here (On Sale for $7!) • Lipstick: Chanel
Seattle finally decided to show it’s beauty with some sunshine this past weekend. It didn’t last long, but boy was it beautiful while it did. Unfortunately, Chuck was sick all week 🙁 so we didn’t get to do a whole lot. But, it was still really nice having the sun shine through the windows instead of gray and rain!
Most of all, I was excited to bust out one of my spring tops – this ‘off-the-shoulder’ denim top from my favorite online boutique, Birdee Clothing. It is super comfortable and I love the ruffle detail. With spring (hopefully!) right around the corner, I’ve been trying to go through my wardrobe and see what pieces are on trend this spring. And if I’m missing something, I know Birdee Clothing will have it.
Below, I will walk you through the top 6 fashion trends for spring and how to wear them so you are fully prepared for Spring!
- Exposed Shoulders. Just like this outfit, the exposed shoulder look is big for Spring. Whether you wear a top like I am that shows your entire shoulder or you wear tops that subtly expose them, they’re in! Here’s another off the shoulder top that I’m loving from Birdee’s new spring/summer collection – you could easily pair this with white denim, distressed denim or some cute white shorts when the temps get hot.
- Stripes upon Stripes. I’m sure you’ve heard the famous phrase – Florals for spring…groundbreaking! (-Miranda, from the Devil Wears Prada for those who may not!) Florals are always a great choice for spring. However, this spring, stripes are hot! Striped dresses that are super easy to pair with converse or sandals are perfect for a Saturday running errands and then transition to dinner with the girls. Or a striped top that you could easily pair with a denim jacket – denim jackets are a staple this time of year! If you need one, here is my fave!
- The Slip Dress. These simple, beautiful items are SO great to wear to work or on a date night with you man or woman. This slip dress can be dressed up or dressed down. Here’s how: For work – you’ll want to pair this dress with a blazer, boots, and a delicate long necklace. This way, your shoulders are covered and you look professional. For date night – you could pair this dress with a denim jacket, sandals or pumps, and a statement necklace. This way, you’re making the look fun, comfortable, yet flirty.
- Mules + Wedges. The two major shoe trends this fall are for sure the mule and the wedge. I have found both of these items at a great price – Maddy Mule by BP (Only $69.95) and these Marc Fisher Espadrilles ($159.95). Both could be worn with just about any spring outfit you put together. Plus, they are comfortable, easy to walk in, and worn at work and on the weekend.
- The Statement Sleeve. This is by far my favorite trend – I’ve never seen a bell sleeve I didn’t like. Big bell sleeves are SO in right now and I’m loving it. Here’s a beautiful, dusty pink bell sleeve top that would pair perfectly with a pair of white denim – either a skirt or a pants.
- Pink, Pink, Pink. I know what you’re thinking, pink is already a spring color – it’s not a trend. If you’re thinking this, oh honey, let me explain! During the 2017 Fashion Week, there was pink splattered everywhere – from handbags to tops to handbags, it was all over. Not only that, but I did some research to make sure I wasn’t just seeing a lot of pink because it’s my favorite color 🙂 Here is an article from Bravo TV saying pink is the color for this spring. Here is another article from Vogue Paris – their first Spring trend is ‘Shocking Pink’. If you aren’t a pink kind of gal but want a pop of color this spring, pink is your color!
If you need more pieces to enhance your Spring and Summer wardrobe, head over to www.birdeeclothing.com and check out their new collection.