Heels: Christian Louboutin • Denim: Articles of Society • Shirt: Nordstrom • Long Sleeve Vest: Top Shop • Necklace: Vasiliki Designs • Gold Choker: Gjenmi • Lip Liner: Candy K by Kylie Cosmetics • Lipstick: Snob by MAC • Clutch: Clare V
Shoes: Dolce Vita (sold out! Similar style here) • Dress: Nordstrom • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Vest: Gap (old! Similar style here) • Watch: Michele • Clutch: Louis Vuitton • Earrings: Kate Spade • Ring: David Yurman
With Fall right around the corner, I wanted to share a few items you could purchase now and wear in the Fall when the temps start dipping and the leaves start falling. It is seriously my favorite time of year and I’m not going to lie – I’m already ready for it to start 🙂 This whole 95 degree weather that’s supposed to come on Tuesday is cramping my style!
Below are a few items I’ve been eyeing for Fall that could easily be added to your wardrobe.
- Adidas Rain Coat | $150 | When you live in Seattle, a good coat is a necessity. Lately I’ve been loving the Adidas brand. They have made a come back since the 9th grade and I’m loving it. This rain coat is perfect for the weekend when you’re running errands or grabbing brunch with your girls. It isn’t too casual but not dressy either – easy to throw on with any outfit.
- The Perfect Pink Sweater | $45 | Ladies, I don’t know about you, but when Fall is around the corner, I’m always on the look out for sweaters upon sweaters. Because my go-to outfit is a pair of denim and a comfy sweater. This sweater is reasonably priced and will add a pop of color to any pair of pants or skirt you pair it with. I’d recommend wearing this to work on a Friday because it’s super easy to take from your workday to your date night with you man/woman.
- Denim for Work and Play | $225 | One item I love to invest in during Fall is a new pair of denim. I wear denim every single week, whether its to work or over the weekend, jeans are a huge staple in my Fall wardrobe. When denim is an item that you wear all the time, it’s important to invest in a high quality brand so they last longer. AG is a great brand, the color of the wash stays in tact and they keep their structure.
- Be Bold with a New Handbag | $48 | I love purchasing a new handbag for Fall! One that is easy to throw on and pair with any outfit. This under $50 handbag is the perfect Chloe dupe with the perfect bold color. Add a statement to your Fall look with this beauty of a bag.
I hope these items help you decide what additional Fall attire you need to add to your wardrobe.
What is your favorite Fall item to purchase?
Shoes: Old! (Similar style here) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Banana Republic • Gold Cuff: The Styled Collection • Silver Cuff: David Yurman • Handbag: Celine (Similar style here) • Watch: Daniel Wellington • Lipstick: Christian Louboutin
Last weekend was the first weekend where we were home and didn’t have too many plans (which felt SO good!). We had a few date nights and then just relaxed the rest of the weekend. The weather has been gorgeous so it’s been nice wearing dresses and skirts to work. But this past weekend, I decided to break out my skinny denim with a sleeveless top and some flirty sandals. I’ve had this sleeveless sweater for a few years now and have found that it’s perfect year-round. I can wear it with a long sleeve shirt underneath in the winter or like this in the summer. I’ve linked a similar one from Banana Republic, so take a peek and snag one for yourself.
Shifting gears a little bit – a few weeks ago I wrote a blog post and made a statement that I was not shopping until September (even through the Nordy’s sale!). Ya’ll, it’s been HARD – I’m not going to lie. I’ve passed up SO many fantastic Nordy sale items – but at least I haven’t been splurging. However, I did make one purchase and feel like I need to be honest about it 🙂 I ended up snagging these classic, Chelsea booties – I just couldn’t pass them up for the price. I’ve been needing some classic, black booties that I could wear all fall and winter and when I saw these, I just had to have. So, there you go – I did make one splurge. But overall, it’s going well. Instead of going to the mall every weekend, I’ve been trying to do other things, like go on walks, run my other errands and be with Chuck. We’ll see how the entire month of August goes. I’ll keep you posted.
Hope you all have a great week.
Shoes: Anthropologie (sold out! Similar style here) • Jeans: Banana Republic • Top: Anthropologie • Clutch: Clare V • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Cuff: David Yurman • Watch: Michele • Earrings: T&J Designs • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Rouge Louboutin by Christian Louboutin • Sunnies: Karen Walker
Summer finally made its debut here in Seattle and I’m loving it! Over Memorial Day weekend, we had temps up to the 80’s – woop woop! Now, you know what the means right – summer shoes!!
I’ve made a few purchases of summer mules and slip ons that I’m loving and wanted to share with all of you so you can add them to your summer wardrobe.
Below, I’ve included a list of my top 10 summer slip ons, under $200! Which ones are your faves?
- Vince Camuto Loafer Mule | $59.96 | This loafer is under $75 and perfect for the office. I love the Greystone leather color because it goes with just about anything. These mules are great for summer BBQs or casual day at the office – plus they are breathable which will keep your feet cool on those hot summer days. Head over to Nordy’s and pick these babies up at the half yearly sale!
- Halogen Freda Slide Sandal | $89.95 | These in red are perfection! I have a similar pair to these slip ons and I must say, they are super comfortable and easy to wear with any summer outfit. I’ve paired them with skirts, skinny denim, and even shorts. These would work well for summer nights around the camp fire.
- Steve Madden Jole Embellished Sandal | $69.95 | I’ve been eyeing these for quite some time. The black or the nude are great colors for summer wear, plus the pearl detail adds a dash of fancy to them. Since the colors are neutral, you could pair these with any outfit (no need to worry about whether or not you’re going to get your money’s worth), you can dress up a summer shift dress with these, a pair of denim shorts, or even a simple skirt outfit. These will be a pair of sandals you’ll wear all summer.
- Kate Spade Boe Espadrille | $110 | If you read my recent post about me, you’d know that my favorite color is yellow – from sweaters to tops to shoes – I am dying over all things yellow. These are no exception. How darling are these espadrilles? I’ve seen these paired with a delicate white dress – which adds a pop of color to a neutral dress. I’d recommend wearing these as the statement shoe – similar to the outfit in this post. I allowed the yellow mules to pop in this look.
- TopShop Adele Bow Flat Mule | $45 | Give me a bow and I’m in Heaven. These mules are giving me major heart eyes! From the price to the simplicity of them to that bow – I’m in! These mules only come in black but I do recommend having one or two pairs of black summer sandals – only because they can be paired with just about any outfit. These are work and weekend shoes appropriate so pick your outfit and just throw them on.
- Dolce Vita Jaz Sandal | $69.95 | These simple sandals in the Copper color (amaze!) are the perfect casual shoe. These would be easy to wear with some denim shorts and a tank on the weekend or to the beach with your friends. Given the straps are leather, they will stretch and mold to your shoe which will make them super comfortable to wear throughout the summer.
- Kenneth Cole Karolina Mule | $90 | These mules are currently on sale – yay! And are perfect for summer and fall! The cognac color pairs well with dark or black denim for fall or a pair of white or denim shorts during the summer. I love shoes that I can wear multiple season! Plus the price for these, you can’t beat!
- Steve Madden Kandi-P Loafer | $79.95 | I’m having a thing for pearls on my shoes lately – clearly! These mules are absolutely beautiful! Perfect for the office or a trip to the Hampton’s (don’t you think they look east coast?) But seriously, can you imagine a pair of linen white pants and a white button up with these black mules. One word – perfection!
Which ones are your fave?
Shoes: DSW (On Sale for under $20!) • Skirt: Birdee Clothing • Top: Nordstrom (2 for $28!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot (On Sale for under $30!) • Clutch: Clare V • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co.
Work travel can be exhausting! Add in determining what to wear to that mix and it adds a whole other stress that we don’t need. Recently, I have been wearing this linen midi skirt and I’ve been loving it. Not only is it comfortable to wear to the office but it’s perfect for business travel as well. When you think about work trips, you always have to wear an outfit that will be easy to transform into an appropriate meeting outfit because odds are you are heading straight to a meeting after your flight.
I have rounded up 5 plane-to-meeting skirts from my favorite online boutique – Birdee Clothing – that are comfortable while sitting on a plane and perfect to wear to your business meeting:
- Arista Pleated Midi Skirt | $72 | This skirt has got the flow! I love flowy skirts that are neutral but have a little detail, just like this one. This skirt would be perfect to pair with a button down white shirt. You could wear sandals on your flight and the minute you’re off the plane, throw on some pumps to wear to your business meeting.
- Front Tie Skirt | $72 | I am dying over this skirt. How cute is the tie in the front? Plus, that baby blue color is darling. I’d recommend wearing this with a simple white top and nude pumps. Easy and comfortable to wear on the plane and perfect for your business meeting.
- Ribbon Waise Midi Skirt | $75 | If you’re looking for the perfect neutral skirt, this is it! It’s flowy, has a little detail in the waist line and can be paired with just about any color or pattern top you’d like. I love pieces like this because you can easily dress it up or down for any occasion. This skirt would be just right for your flight, your meeting, and your business dinner. No need to change at all.
- Scalloped Hemline Fitted Skirt | $55 | The scalloped details on this skirt plus the two toned colors are perfection. This skirt could easily be worn with a simple tee that you can tuck in, a blazer, and a statement necklace. The fabric is stretchy, which is great for comfort on a plane and is dressy enough for a business meeting. I would pair this skirt with flats so it doesn’t elongate your leg too much. Wearing pumps with a skirt that is a tad short, can look like you are going clubbing – and we don’t want that for a business meeting. Easily throw on your blazer after your flight and you are set.
- Denim Pencil Skirt | $60 | Solid, dark denim is 100% work appropriate (in my book!). What I love about this denim skirt, is it can be easily be worn from the plane to your meeting to lunch to your fancy dinner. It can easily be dressed up by the top and accessories you pair it with. I would recommend a button up top in any color you choose with a small heel and statement earrings.
Head over to birdeeclothing.com for more outfits perfect for your work travel.
Shoes: Valentino • Jeans: Banana Republic (Darker wash + on sale for $68!) • Top: J.Crew (Color: Neon Geranium + on sale for $39.99!) • Jacket: Burberry (I’m wearing XS!) • Handbag: Saint Laurent (similar style here!) • Earrings: Kate Spade • Watch: Michele • Gold Cuff: The Styled Collection (on sale for $39!) • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Chanel
Can you believe it’s Valentine’s Day? Holy smokes! Where has the time gone? It literally feels like Christmas was a week ago.
Our New Year has been pretty amazing so far (but busy, for sure!). Work’s been a bit crazy (hence the two week hiatus! sorry guys!) plus I’ve been on two trips already – one to McCall, ID for a fun weekend trip then San Francisco for a work trip. On top of all of this, my bestie had her baby – Nixon James – you can find pics on my Instagram @lauren_husum 😉 Plus, my other bestie got ENGAGED! And btw – this all happened in the same weekend. Talk about happiness overload for sure. It’s safe to say that 2017 is starting off on the right foot!
It feels like Valentine’s Day just snuck right up on us. But I have to be honest, I’m kind of excited that its on a Tuesday this year. I love middle of the week date nights – it breaks up the week! We’re planning on grilling some steaks and veggies and having a fun date night in.
Whether you’re having a girls night with your girls or a date night with your man or gal, and have no idea what to wear – I’ve got you covered. You don’t even need to buy a new outfit. Since it’s tonight, it can be hard to run home and pull of a full outfit change before your V-Day dinner. So I’ve put together an outfit that can easily transition from a work day to your fun date night/girls night out.
Here is how I’ve paired everything together – first, I started with pink. I mean, it’s Valentine’s Day. Your either wearing pink or red (at least, I hope!). Grab a hot pink or red sweater you have in your closet. Second, I grab a pair of my skinnies and pair my sweater with them. Then I grab my favorite flats – Valentino’s (dupes here!). This way, you’re comfortable walking around the office and out for the evening. If you have time to run home, there are two items I’d exchange from your work day outfit (that you may not take to work!) – a fun handbag and coat.
My Saint Laurent goes with everything so grab a bag that isn’t too big or too small but can be worn to the office and then out for dinner. Now, if you’re in the market for a new handbag – here is a list of bags under $200 that may come in handy in case you go shopping with your Valentine tonight. Lastly, I pick my favorite jacket – the Burberry (here is a dupe!). This coat has seriously been my all time favorite purchase of 2017 so far. I have worn it almost every single day since I bought it. It’s comfortable, easy to layer in, warm, and dressy – perfect for work and perfect for a date night! Now, I’m date night ready!
I hope this outfit is simple, cute, and easy for you to put together for your Valentine’s Day evening tonight!
Let me know what you end of wearing!
Shoes: Paul Green • Denim: Banana Republic • Poncho: Charming Charlies • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Earrings: Kate Spade • Handbag: Celine (see similar style here!) • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1
I love 3-day weekends! They are truly the best. Except when you go back to work on a Tuesday and realize you only have 4 days to get 5 days worth of work done. ugh! But on the bright side, we’re one day closer to Friday. Woop Woop!
This past weekend, Chuck and I primarily relaxed! We worked on some fun home projects (that I’ll be sharing in the next few weeks!) and spontaneously tried a new restaurant for date night. I don’t know about you, but when Chuck and I are trying to decide where to go for date night, we always go to the same restaurants near our house. This weekend, we thought, let’s branch out and try something new. It was a bit chilly with temps in the low 60’s and I was instantly cold. Which secretly I love, because it totally feels like fall and let’s be real, I’m SO ready for fall weather – it’s not even funny. Sunday night was particularly windy so I dressed up in my favorite fall outfit.
Which leads me to share my top 3 must-have accessories for Fall. Take a look.
- Snag Your Favorite Poncho or Shawl. I saw this poncho at Charming Charlie’s when I was trying to buy a gift for a girlfriend, and had to have it. When I think about Fall, I think about how the weather is constantly cloudy, chilly, and majority of the time misting (at least here in Seattle!) during the Fall months. A poncho covers you up, adds a print or statement (like this leopard print one!), is super comfortable, and can easily be worn to work. If you are looking for one item this Fall, go snag a poncho of your choice. You won’t regret it on those rainy days!
- Invest in Booties. I am only 5’0 tall and have the hardest time finding booties that don’t make my feet look too big or my legs stumpy (#shortgirlproblems). However, I finally have. Throughout the summer, I’ve been eyeing these Paul Green booties and tried them on 4 times. 4 times! I know. But they are an investment and I wanted to be sure they were going to be comfortable. I’ve worn then for 2 weeks now and I’m in love (and feel like I’m walking on a cloud). So if you’re trying to find the right bootie for this Fall, head to Nordy’s and check out a pair of Paul Greens. If these are a bit too pricy, then try on some Vince Camuto’s. They have a fantastic selection for this Fall as well.
- Branch out with a Fun Watch. I’m the kind of gal who has worn my Deco Michele watch every single day for the past 6 years. I never change it up, nor have I wanted to. However, Chuck and I were passing through the mall and he spotted this sporty Michele watch. I instantly fell in love with the band color and the rose gold. And he goes, ‘Babe, it’s perfect for Fall!’ Oh.my.gosh! I was shocked when that came out of his mouth. But I have to say, he was right. I’ve been wearing it a few days a week and it has definitely added some color and flare to my outfits. This Fall, try out a new watch that you can switch every few days. Why not switch things up this Fall?
What are your favorite items for Fall?
Have you heard the phrase, ‘Casual Friday’ before? I’m sure you have. Many businesses have a casual Friday dress code, that typically means you can wear jeans instead of slacks. And I’m sure many of you love that because you can take a break from dressing up and dress down for a change.
Well, I believe the opposite when it comes to Friday dress code. I mean, it’s the end of the week and who doesn’t want to celebrate that?
Below I’ve listed 3 reasons why I like to dress up on Fridays. Hopefully it’ll make you want to!
- Celebrate the End of a Week. Whether you work a 9-5 or are a stay-at-home mom, you are working everyday and it gets exhausting. However, by Friday, I start to feel rejuvenated because I know I have 2 days to recoup, spend time with family and friends, and refresh my mind. That excites me and makes me want to end the week with just as much effort as I put into my Monday morning. Try taking a Friday to dress up in whatever style makes you feel all fancy inside. It will motivate you, boost your mood, and make you excited for the weekend ahead.
- Plan a Date Night Out. Typically, on Friday’s, Chuck and I plan to go out to dinner or spend time with friends and family. And when we go out, I really like dressing up. So I look forward to Friday’s where I can wear an outfit that I wouldn’t choose to wear on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I fancy it up a bit and try to make it an outfit that can easily transition from day to night. Try planning date nights on Friday nights and going straight from work. It will inspire you to get dressed up for your Friday and get you excited for the evening.
- Stay Driven. Friday’s can be days where you know you have two days off right after them and know that you can wear and do whatever you want. For me, I want to spend my Friday’s just as motivated as I would on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday – whichever day you feel the most productive. If I wear a casual outfit on Friday’s, I feel like I’m slacking or my mindset will want to slack more. When I wake up, take my time getting ready, and actually dress up, I feel driven, excited to tackle my workday, and energized to complete my daily tasks. Try taking a few extra minutes on Friday mornings and fancy yourself up. You’ll tackle your day with more drive than you did during the week and know that you get a treat with 2 days off.
Do you prefer to dress down or dress up on Friday’s?
Shoes: Seychelles • Skort: Romwe (Only $12.99!) • Top: Top Shop (comes in Petite too!) • Necklace: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Clutch: Louis Vuitton • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: YSL #1
Have you worn skorts before? If not, you must try them. They look like a skirt in the front and shorts from the back. The beauty of them is that they are super comfortable, you don’t have to worry that your skirt is too short, and they can be dressed up or dressed down.
In this outfit, I paired this geo print skort with a simple black, double strap top. Added a colorful shoe and done. I’ve dressed up a $12.99 skort!
Below are three ways to dress up a skort like this one:
- Office Style. I would see these skorts with a long sleeve or short sleeve button up top, tucked in, and some nude pumps. This would be perfect for office style that’s comfortable but professional.
- Summer BBQ. Pair this skort with some Tory Burch flats with a tee for a dressy/casual look during the summer.
- Holiday Party. I know it’s only August but I could see this skort with some black tights, a fitting black top with a high neck line and some patent leather black pumps. This would be the perfect look for a holiday dinner or fall night out on the town.
What is your favorite way to dress up skorts?
Shoes: Dolce Vita by Target • Jumpsuit: Banana Republic • Blazer: Target • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Bracelet: Light & Bright Lifestyles • Necklace: Stella and Dot (you can wear it 4 ways!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: Chanel
Jumpsuits…they can be the most comfortable thing you wear all week or it can be that outfit that gives you a huge camel toe at work. And let’s be honest, no one wants that.
I’m only 5 foot. Not 5’1 or 5 feet and a half; straight up 5 foot! But I always wear heels so no one really realizes how petite I am until I wear flats. Then I get the whole, ‘Oh my gosh, have you always been this short?’ Duh! With being short comes struggles with clothes that fit just right. Shopping for jeans, for example, are always a chore. Trying to find jeans that fit my hips but aren’t too big on my waste, and aren’t too long that my heels step on them, is a struggle! Now, I’ve found my few brands that I love that fit my body perfectly but in general, clothes can be a bit difficult being so short.
However, one trend that has always, I mean always worked for me are jumpsuits! And honestly, they aren’t going out of style anytime soon! So if you are petite and thinking, oh gosh, jumpsuits are so cute, I had no idea I could pull them off! Well, sister, you can! Now, if you are taller, the right one may be harder to find. All my girlfriends are tall (I mean it doesn’t take much!) but truly, I have tall girlfriends and they always say, ‘Gosh, it’s so hard for me to find a jumpsuit that fits because my torso is too long!’ And it clicked as to why they always worked for a petite gal like myself. The one thing that may be an issue with wearing a jumpsuit is the leg length. You may have to get them hemmed, but I’ve experienced the dressier jumpsuits are usually longer than the more casual jumpsuit above.
Not only do jumpsuits work on us petite gals, but they are perfect to dress up for work and easy to dress down for a night out with your girls. I wore this jumpsuit to work with a blazer over it and it worked out great. You still portray a professional look with the blazer but can easily add some color/texture with the print. That evening, we had a going away party for my girlfriend. Her and her boyfriend are traveling down the west coast, visiting all the National Parks, in a van that they built into their temporary home. It is amazing and super creative! Once they have their site up, I’ll share it with you all. You have to follow their trip! Anyway, back to the jumpsuit. When we arrived to the going away party, I simply took off my blazer and I instantly turned from professional to girls night style! We hung outside in the warm weather with yummy drinks and great friends. Couldn’t have asked for a better night and on top of that, I felt so accomplished wearing one outfit two different ways.
Now, head to Banana Republic and pick your favorite jumpsuit for the summer. They have the best jumpsuits that fit a more petite frame!
How would you wear a jumpsuit from day-to-night?