Shoes: Kendall & Kylie • Denim: Express • Top: Urban Outfitters • Handbag: Saint Laurent (similar style here!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Fifthave by Jouer
Shoes: Free People • Denim: Express • Top: Nordstrom (old!) • Gold Cuff: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Silver Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Clutch: Louis Vuitton • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Necklace: Macy’s
With Christmas 1 week away, I thought I’d put together an outfit that could be worn to a casual work holiday party. You may have a team lunch this week or a happy hour after work – this look is one that’s easy to put together, comfortable, and also has some holiday vibes.
I recently purchased these pink suede booties in Montana – and I’ve been in love. The color is bold, the heel is the perfect height, and they are super comfortable. I paired them with my boyfriend denim and a simple button up that ties in the front. This top mixes perfectly with these booties because of the pops of pink that catches your eye with the booties. I also love the hues of red because it fits perfectly with the holiday spirit.
What are you wearing to your last minute holiday parties this week?
Shoes: Valentino • Denim: Free People • Top: Lucky Brand (On sale for $39.99!) • Handbag: Zac Posen • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lip Liner: Pink Venus by Charlotte Tilbury • Lipstick: Kim KW by Charlotte Tilbury
There is a misconception that you can’t wear distressed denim in the Fall – for reasons I’m not entirely bought in on. If you are petite like me, you know it’s super hard to find denim that a) fits you well and b) is the perfect length. When I do, I wear them all.the.time – especially in the Fall. I have had a pair of Banana Republic distressed denim and these Free People denim that I wear very often because they fit so well and look great paired with any outfit. Yes, they’re both distressed but trust me, you can pull them off in the Fall.
- Pair with Booties. Whenever you’re wearing your distressed denim, add a pair of booties to your look. Even when you’re wearing a summer-y top like in this post, when you add a pair of tan or black booties, it can add a Fall/Winter element.
- Add a Fedora. I don’t know about you but I love Fall Fedora hats – from light colors to dark – they are a perfect accessory to add to any outfit to dress it up for Fall.
- Throw on a Sweater. I mean, this is pretty obvious but throw on a cozy sweater and your distressed denim is instantly transformed into a Fall outfit.
How do you style your distressed denim?
Shoes: SheIn (Only $37!) • Denim: Banana Republic • Top: Anthropologie • Silver Cuff: David Yurman • Gold Bracelet: The Styled Collection (On sale for $39!) • Watch: Michele • Ring: David Yurman • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here!) • Sunnies: Celine (Similar style here) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge
Even though summer is here, doesn’t mean we have to be restricted to flip flops and sandals – am I right? Don’t get me wrong, I love my summer sandals but sometimes it’s fun to change it up and wear a shoe that is unique to you – not one that everyone is wearing all the time.
I recently purchased these platform sneakers and ya’ll – I’ve received 1000 compliments on them, they are super comfortable, and they are easy to wear to work, to dinner, to lunch, to the mall – anywhere! AND they are breathable which makes them perfect for summer. Wanna know the icing on the cake with these – they are only $37! Yes, you heard right – $37!
If you are still on the fence, below are 5 reasons you should wear platform sneakers this summer:
- Easy to Pair with Any Outfit. These platforms can be worn with your favorite denim, dress, skirt, shorts – honestly, a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g!! They truly are perfect for any summer outfit and can easily be dressed up for a night out.
- The Price is a ‘thumbs up’. I’m sure you’ve seen the Gucci or Alexander Wang platform sneakers that are pricey – given they’re designer! And I love designer, but when you can get a similar look for less, I’m all about it! These are $37 – I repeat, $37! I’ve linked them above – snag them! SheIn also has other platform styles you may love too!
- Comfortable. Ok, so you may be thinking – well, those designer brands are more expensive because they are more comfortable. I can’t say you’re wrong, because I don’t own any, but what I can say is these are comfortable! They are super easy to wear.
- Unique to You. Now, I don’t know about you but I haven’t seen a ton of girls wearing platform sneakers (and I’m secretly loving it!). When I wear these, I feel like I’m the only girl around the office so if you are wanting to wear sneakers that are more unique, I’d highly recommend these babies.
- Set Your Heels Aside. I’m 5’0 – So I’m always wanting a little height. However, my feet are truly gnarly from heels so I’ve been branching out into wedges or platforms more. These have definitely satisfied my heel change. They give me a boost and people at the office are always like, ‘Whoa, you grew!’ – ya, thanks! 😉
How would you wear these platform sneakers?
Shoes: Old! Similar style here • Denim: Rag and Bone • Top: Club Monaco (On Sale for $99!) • Necklace: Old! Similar style here • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Handbag: Givenchy • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman
I love summer tops! From flowy to crop tops to floral to fitted – they are my fave. And this summer, there are a few trends I wanted to make sure are on your radar – similar to the Spring trends post I did a few months ago.
Below you will find my top 3 Summer trends to implement your wardrobe this summer:
- All About Them Sleeves (no treble). Detailed tops have been in since Spring and they’re still going strong. Similar to the one above, solid colored tops with a hint of ruffle and bell details are everywhere. I love pairing these types of tops with skinny denim, a pencil skirt, or denim shorts (for a more casual look!).
- Look on the Bright Side. Ladies, if you are trying to break out of your all black wardrobe, I’ve got news for you! Super bright colors are in for summer. In Spring, pink was THE color that stood out, but now, please feel free to wear your bright greens, yellows, purples, and blues – they’re all in.
- Don’t be so Matchy Matchy (I always tell my mother!). So we know bright, solid colors are in along with fabric details – well, we haven’t talked about patterns, and good news! patterns are essential for summer outfits. Mix and match your solids with your patterns – for example, your bright pink sweater with your polka dot dress, or your floral pants with a bright yellow top. Mixing and matching can take a neutral outfit you wear everyday to a fun, new look that you may not have thought of.
What is your favorite summer trend?
Shoes: Anthropologie (sold out! Similar style here) • Jeans: Banana Republic • Top: Anthropologie • Clutch: Clare V • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. • Cuff: David Yurman • Watch: Michele • Earrings: T&J Designs • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: Rouge Louboutin by Christian Louboutin • Sunnies: Karen Walker
Summer finally made its debut here in Seattle and I’m loving it! Over Memorial Day weekend, we had temps up to the 80’s – woop woop! Now, you know what the means right – summer shoes!!
I’ve made a few purchases of summer mules and slip ons that I’m loving and wanted to share with all of you so you can add them to your summer wardrobe.
Below, I’ve included a list of my top 10 summer slip ons, under $200! Which ones are your faves?
- Vince Camuto Loafer Mule | $59.96 | This loafer is under $75 and perfect for the office. I love the Greystone leather color because it goes with just about anything. These mules are great for summer BBQs or casual day at the office – plus they are breathable which will keep your feet cool on those hot summer days. Head over to Nordy’s and pick these babies up at the half yearly sale!
- Halogen Freda Slide Sandal | $89.95 | These in red are perfection! I have a similar pair to these slip ons and I must say, they are super comfortable and easy to wear with any summer outfit. I’ve paired them with skirts, skinny denim, and even shorts. These would work well for summer nights around the camp fire.
- Steve Madden Jole Embellished Sandal | $69.95 | I’ve been eyeing these for quite some time. The black or the nude are great colors for summer wear, plus the pearl detail adds a dash of fancy to them. Since the colors are neutral, you could pair these with any outfit (no need to worry about whether or not you’re going to get your money’s worth), you can dress up a summer shift dress with these, a pair of denim shorts, or even a simple skirt outfit. These will be a pair of sandals you’ll wear all summer.
- Kate Spade Boe Espadrille | $110 | If you read my recent post about me, you’d know that my favorite color is yellow – from sweaters to tops to shoes – I am dying over all things yellow. These are no exception. How darling are these espadrilles? I’ve seen these paired with a delicate white dress – which adds a pop of color to a neutral dress. I’d recommend wearing these as the statement shoe – similar to the outfit in this post. I allowed the yellow mules to pop in this look.
- TopShop Adele Bow Flat Mule | $45 | Give me a bow and I’m in Heaven. These mules are giving me major heart eyes! From the price to the simplicity of them to that bow – I’m in! These mules only come in black but I do recommend having one or two pairs of black summer sandals – only because they can be paired with just about any outfit. These are work and weekend shoes appropriate so pick your outfit and just throw them on.
- Dolce Vita Jaz Sandal | $69.95 | These simple sandals in the Copper color (amaze!) are the perfect casual shoe. These would be easy to wear with some denim shorts and a tank on the weekend or to the beach with your friends. Given the straps are leather, they will stretch and mold to your shoe which will make them super comfortable to wear throughout the summer.
- Kenneth Cole Karolina Mule | $90 | These mules are currently on sale – yay! And are perfect for summer and fall! The cognac color pairs well with dark or black denim for fall or a pair of white or denim shorts during the summer. I love shoes that I can wear multiple season! Plus the price for these, you can’t beat!
- Steve Madden Kandi-P Loafer | $79.95 | I’m having a thing for pearls on my shoes lately – clearly! These mules are absolutely beautiful! Perfect for the office or a trip to the Hampton’s (don’t you think they look east coast?) But seriously, can you imagine a pair of linen white pants and a white button up with these black mules. One word – perfection!
Which ones are your fave?
Shoes: Paul Green • Jeans: Banana Republic • Top: Target (Only $29.99!) • Handbag: Tory Burch (old! Similar style here!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Lipstick: Liv it Up by Charlotte Tilbury • Ring: David Yurman • Cuff: David Yurman • Watch: Michele • Jacket: Burberry in Olive Green
Happy Monday everyone! Hope your day is gong well. This past weekend was so lovely – we had a date night on Friday night, which was so nice! And then slept in on Saturday and relaxed. I got my nails and toes done (which I haven’t had done in 2 months!) so I felt so spoiled. I do my own shellac nails so when I splurge and go get them done, it feels so good! And my toes – I don’t do them on the regular so let’s just say they needed it.
Seattle weather is a bit fickle this time of year. It could be sunny and 55 degrees one day and the next, it’s 45 degrees and dumping rain. But the good news is, the trees are starting to bloom so I have a feeling our spring will show up in full force soon (I hope!). As I transition my wardrobe from winter to spring, I tend to keep it simple – I typically pull out light and flowy tops with a light jacket since the weather is so unpredictable. However, I LOVE to bring out a bright color in a handbag or a pair of shoes.
For this outfit, I paired it with this burnt orange Tory Burch cross body that Chuck got for my birthday last year. It’s the perfect color and can add a pop of color to any outfit – especially this one. When you’re wearing a neutral look, it is SO easy to add a colorful handbag to dress up your look.
As you think about updating your wardrobe, add some colorful handbags to enhance your look and add dimension to your outfit. Here are a few fun handbags I’d recommend:
- Add a pop of red to any neutral outfit for Spring. This cross body tote is perfect for those sunny days!
- I never saw a Chartreuse accessory I didn’t like – Add this to a simple maxi dress to style it up!
- If your itching to splurge, I’ve always LOVED this classic Chloe bag. And this color = MAJOR heart eyes! You could wear this bag with pretty much….anything!
- Hot pink is always in for spring and summer and this Ted Baker cross body is no exception.
- I’m going to be honest ladies – Coach is making a comeback! I know Coach was your high school handbag, but they’ve really enhanced their designs and have some beautiful cross-body’s. Here is a gorgeous green that could be paired with blues and yellows this spring/summer!
What is your favorite colorful handbag for the Spring/Summertime?
Shoes: Tory Burch • Black Denim: Birdee Clothing • Top: Birdee Clothing • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Handbag: Saint Laurent (Similar style here) • Earrings: Old, Similar style here • Sunnies: Celine, Similar style here (On Sale for $7!) • Lipstick: Chanel
Seattle finally decided to show it’s beauty with some sunshine this past weekend. It didn’t last long, but boy was it beautiful while it did. Unfortunately, Chuck was sick all week 🙁 so we didn’t get to do a whole lot. But, it was still really nice having the sun shine through the windows instead of gray and rain!
Most of all, I was excited to bust out one of my spring tops – this ‘off-the-shoulder’ denim top from my favorite online boutique, Birdee Clothing. It is super comfortable and I love the ruffle detail. With spring (hopefully!) right around the corner, I’ve been trying to go through my wardrobe and see what pieces are on trend this spring. And if I’m missing something, I know Birdee Clothing will have it.
Below, I will walk you through the top 6 fashion trends for spring and how to wear them so you are fully prepared for Spring!
- Exposed Shoulders. Just like this outfit, the exposed shoulder look is big for Spring. Whether you wear a top like I am that shows your entire shoulder or you wear tops that subtly expose them, they’re in! Here’s another off the shoulder top that I’m loving from Birdee’s new spring/summer collection – you could easily pair this with white denim, distressed denim or some cute white shorts when the temps get hot.
- Stripes upon Stripes. I’m sure you’ve heard the famous phrase – Florals for spring…groundbreaking! (-Miranda, from the Devil Wears Prada for those who may not!) Florals are always a great choice for spring. However, this spring, stripes are hot! Striped dresses that are super easy to pair with converse or sandals are perfect for a Saturday running errands and then transition to dinner with the girls. Or a striped top that you could easily pair with a denim jacket – denim jackets are a staple this time of year! If you need one, here is my fave!
- The Slip Dress. These simple, beautiful items are SO great to wear to work or on a date night with you man or woman. This slip dress can be dressed up or dressed down. Here’s how: For work – you’ll want to pair this dress with a blazer, boots, and a delicate long necklace. This way, your shoulders are covered and you look professional. For date night – you could pair this dress with a denim jacket, sandals or pumps, and a statement necklace. This way, you’re making the look fun, comfortable, yet flirty.
- Mules + Wedges. The two major shoe trends this fall are for sure the mule and the wedge. I have found both of these items at a great price – Maddy Mule by BP (Only $69.95) and these Marc Fisher Espadrilles ($159.95). Both could be worn with just about any spring outfit you put together. Plus, they are comfortable, easy to walk in, and worn at work and on the weekend.
- The Statement Sleeve. This is by far my favorite trend – I’ve never seen a bell sleeve I didn’t like. Big bell sleeves are SO in right now and I’m loving it. Here’s a beautiful, dusty pink bell sleeve top that would pair perfectly with a pair of white denim – either a skirt or a pants.
- Pink, Pink, Pink. I know what you’re thinking, pink is already a spring color – it’s not a trend. If you’re thinking this, oh honey, let me explain! During the 2017 Fashion Week, there was pink splattered everywhere – from handbags to tops to handbags, it was all over. Not only that, but I did some research to make sure I wasn’t just seeing a lot of pink because it’s my favorite color 🙂 Here is an article from Bravo TV saying pink is the color for this spring. Here is another article from Vogue Paris – their first Spring trend is ‘Shocking Pink’. If you aren’t a pink kind of gal but want a pop of color this spring, pink is your color!
If you need more pieces to enhance your Spring and Summer wardrobe, head over to www.birdeeclothing.com and check out their new collection.
Photo Cred: Kim Mitchell @FreshOutTakes
After Christmas time, I’m pretty much ready for Spring! Around the holidays, winter can be way easier to manage – there’s parties, warm food, lots of beverages, and the spirit of giving to occupy your mind. There’s literally no time to think about how cold and rainy it is outside. However, once the New Year kicks off, I start noticing the rainy days just a bit more. And I cherish the random sunny days we get here and there.
This February has been full of snow, rain, and snapshots of sun here and there – but mostly rain. In fact, as I write this, it is literally pouring outside. During the work week, I find it hard to wake up on rainy days and get motivated to dress up. I literally wanna throw on leggings and a sweatshirt and call it a day. If you are like me, and feel less motivated to dress up on rainy days, I have put together a go-to guide to make it easier for you to style an outfit on those wet days:
- Leggings are OK. Many may think, ‘Gosh, I can’t wear leggings to work. It’s too revealing.’ Well, darling, let me change your mind. It is so easy to throw on a long sleeve thermal with some leggings and a beautiful shawl, scarf, or poncho to dress it up. It covers your behind and adds a dash of elegance to your outfit. Don’t be afraid to pull this look off at work! I promise you’ll get compliments from your coworkers.
- Rain Boots are your Friend. I live in Seattle, so if anyone says anything different about rain boots – they don’t live here. Hunter rain boots, specifically, have a brand stigma to them. People ‘know’ Hunter rain boots. And from my perspective, they add a sense of style to a simple rain boot look from the brand recognition. Add a pair of Hunter boots to your outfit and it will instantly add a fun, stylish rain look plus functionality (because they really do keep your feet from getting wet). One hint – if you are petite like me, you can save lots of $$$ with Kid’s Hunter Boots (Only $80 vs $165 for women’s). I’ve linked them above.
- Rain Coat vs. Umbrella. Living in Seattle, you have to own a raincoat because there’s a constant mist that we get here. It’s not like the South, where it pours for 20 minutes and then it clears up. However, I prefer umbrellas when I’m dressing up for work or an event or dinner, etc. because it covers you but doesn’t mess up your hair, like a hood would. I purchased this leopard umbrella from H&M for $6 , years ago and it’s my go-to. I linked a similar style off of Amazon. But it adds another element of style with the print. How easy would it be to dress up a simple outfit with a pattern umbrella? Super easy.
I hope this makes it easy to pick an outfit out on those days you just don’t want to get out of bed and face the rain.
What are your go-to outfits for rainy days?