Shoes: DSW • Denim: Express • Top: J.Crew • Leather Jacket: Trouve at Nordstrom • Bracelet: Stella and Dot • Ring: David Yurman • Cuff: David Yurman • Handbag: Givenchy (Similar style here) • Earrings: Stella and Dot • Sunnies: Tory Burch • Lipstick: Chanel
I love pink – pretty much any clothing item that has a pink hue to it will be purchased and in my closet faster than I can say, ‘I need that!’. Let me give you some background on why pink is ‘my’ color – I’m going to throw back to elementary school when I was in ‘The Colors’ Play. My whole class was a color and we had to write a poem about it, wear it from head to toe and read the poem during the play. My teacher picked colors for each of us and she chose pink for me <insert Heaven hands here>. And that was it – ever since then, I’ve been a pink girl.
Now, given pink is girly, I love to throw in an edgy element to the look with something leather – like this jacket! I’ve had this jacket for 3 years now and I’m obsessed. It’s a really soft leather, super comfortable, and easy to wear with just about anything.
If you haven’t invested in a leather jacket, I’ve outlined 5 reasons why you absolutely should:
- Dress up a T-Shirt. You can easily pair a leather jacket with a basic t-shirt to dress it up. Plus, think of the time you’ll save!
- Add Edge to a Girly Look. Similar to this look, add a pop of leather to enhance your look and give it some edge.
- Wear it with Dresses. Throw on a leather jacket with any dress you’d wear out for a date night or girls night to add that playful style to your look.
- Easy to Pair with Leather Booties. I love pairing my leather jacket with any of my leather booties/boots – don’t worry if the color doesn’t match – the fabric does and that’s all that matters!
- Patterns & Leather are a Go-to. Pair your leather jacket with an animal printed skirt or pants – this will allow the pattern or print to pop while adding a leather element to your look.
At the end of the day, you’re going to wear your leather jacket with just about anything, so if you haven’t purchased one yet – head to your local Nordy’s and pick your fave!