Shoes: DSW (On Sale for under $20!) • Skirt: Birdee Clothing • Top: Nordstrom (2 for $28!) • Earrings: Stella and Dot (On Sale for under $30!) • Clutch: Clare V • Watch: Michele • Cuff: David Yurman • Ring: David Yurman • Lipstick: YSL #1 Le Rouge • Bracelet: Tiffany & Co.
Work travel can be exhausting! Add in determining what to wear to that mix and it adds a whole other stress that we don’t need. Recently, I have been wearing this linen midi skirt and I’ve been loving it. Not only is it comfortable to wear to the office but it’s perfect for business travel as well. When you think about work trips, you always have to wear an outfit that will be easy to transform into an appropriate meeting outfit because odds are you are heading straight to a meeting after your flight.
I have rounded up 5 plane-to-meeting skirts from my favorite online boutique – Birdee Clothing – that are comfortable while sitting on a plane and perfect to wear to your business meeting:
- Arista Pleated Midi Skirt | $72 | This skirt has got the flow! I love flowy skirts that are neutral but have a little detail, just like this one. This skirt would be perfect to pair with a button down white shirt. You could wear sandals on your flight and the minute you’re off the plane, throw on some pumps to wear to your business meeting.
- Front Tie Skirt | $72 | I am dying over this skirt. How cute is the tie in the front? Plus, that baby blue color is darling. I’d recommend wearing this with a simple white top and nude pumps. Easy and comfortable to wear on the plane and perfect for your business meeting.
- Ribbon Waise Midi Skirt | $75 | If you’re looking for the perfect neutral skirt, this is it! It’s flowy, has a little detail in the waist line and can be paired with just about any color or pattern top you’d like. I love pieces like this because you can easily dress it up or down for any occasion. This skirt would be just right for your flight, your meeting, and your business dinner. No need to change at all.
- Scalloped Hemline Fitted Skirt | $55 | The scalloped details on this skirt plus the two toned colors are perfection. This skirt could easily be worn with a simple tee that you can tuck in, a blazer, and a statement necklace. The fabric is stretchy, which is great for comfort on a plane and is dressy enough for a business meeting. I would pair this skirt with flats so it doesn’t elongate your leg too much. Wearing pumps with a skirt that is a tad short, can look like you are going clubbing – and we don’t want that for a business meeting. Easily throw on your blazer after your flight and you are set.
- Denim Pencil Skirt | $60 | Solid, dark denim is 100% work appropriate (in my book!). What I love about this denim skirt, is it can be easily be worn from the plane to your meeting to lunch to your fancy dinner. It can easily be dressed up by the top and accessories you pair it with. I would recommend a button up top in any color you choose with a small heel and statement earrings.
Head over to birdeeclothing.com for more outfits perfect for your work travel.